Default Flip Flop Thru-Hike Early May 2019

Hello My fellow Appalachian Trail Adventurers!

I am doing a solo flip flop Thru-Hike starting May 6th 2019 from Harpers Ferry, WV to Maine, getting a ride back to Harpers Ferry upon completion and heading south! I was wondering if there were any other females who are planning this kind of trip (solo or with a small group) that I might be able to tag along with? I am constantly reminded of the "safety in numbers" saying throughout the planning process for this journey. I would really appreciate some reassurance in knowing I won't be the only female out there (even though I may already know that isn't quite accurate), particularly when heading to Georgia when most of the NOBO crowds have past. Even if your starting date is a few days close to mine, please let me know!

I'm starting Harper's Ferry late April to early May nobo to Maine. Then HF to Springer.

Pandajoy, if you can arrange to start about a week earlier during the ATC "Flip Flop send off" weekend, there will a modest sized group starting on that Sunday. There's usually a good mix of men and woman and it tends to be an older crowd.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

I agree with Slo-go'en. I will be one of those flip floppers leaving on the Sunday of the Flip Flop Festival. Sounds like there will be a good bunch of us leaving at that time. Hope to see you out there!

Images

PandaJo - you won't be alone. As said previously if possible hit the flip flop festival if you can and there will be folks there who are starting then or who have started a little earlier in Viriginia with plans to reach Harpers Ferry for the festival. If you are on Facebook there is a "flip flop group". Depending on Life....I hope to attempt a flip flop in April. I am planning to start in Shenandoah NP and head north, arriving in Harpers Ferry around the festival....not going to box myself into specific dates as I learned that added undo stress to my previous NOBO thru hike attempt. I'm a "senior" hiker and plus size woman so my miles will be lower. There will be section hikers out there as well. You will find your hiking buddies easily on the trail. Embrace the thoughts to hike your own hike and let the trail bring people to you. Good luck and hope to see you out there. "Ole Girl".

I will be starting in April and plan to hit the Flip Flop Festival as well. I totally understand where you are coming from as I have the same thoughts. I'm sure we will find fellow hikers and it will all fall into place. Hope to see you out there!

I will be attending the flip flop festival and leaving Sunday at the send off. I'm glad to see other female hikers doing the same

++ New Posts ++