WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Trail Magic from your Desk!

Purchase a Craft Beer, Appetizer or Bunk for a 2019 Thru Hiker. We will put your number on the board. When a hiker comes in we put their trail name next to the number, take their picture and post it on Facebook so you can see who you purchased the item for.
    Follow the following link:
    http://www.squareup.com/store/thestationat19e
    Station Logo final.jpg

can we purchase them only a shower?

how do you know if the walker is a yellow blazin' non hiker?

That's a great idea. The first thing we want them to do is shower, but they usually want a beer first so we invented a shower beer. Send them up with a PBR tall boy can they can drink in the shower!

Not only does the trail provide the trail knows all!

Great idea!
    It is what it is.

Wanted to update you on our progress. The board is up to 75 items and growing everyday. We have had special request as well. One is to give a bunk, beer and food to a hiker that really needs it. Another request for a dedication for a fallen soldier. I also had a hiker from last year have me give a return hiker $50 because that's what he needed. The trail provides. Thank you to all that have participated this far and those that haven't here's the link http://www.squareup.com/store/thestationat19ehiker board1.jpg

I'm just wondering what thru-hikers need beer for? How does that help on the trail?
    Let's head for the roundhouse; they can't corner us there!

Quote Originally Posted by Last Call View Post
    I'm just wondering what thru-hikers need beer for? How does that help on the trail?
    anything they NEED or WANT they should provide for their own dang selves

Images

Quote Originally Posted by doeriverhikerrest View Post
    give a bunk, beer and food to a hiker that really needs it.
    theres plenty of things i "need" today just as much as a hiker needs a beer (like for instance, a beer). i wonder if theres a website where strangers on the internet can give it to me? why is this only for people out hiking?

Images

So, let me get this straight. You, the OP, are the owner of this for-profit hostel and bar, and you are trying to get other people who aren't customers to pay for your actual customers' purchases of services and beer and such. By calling it "trail magic from your desk". Except it's more akin to yogi-ing, ostensibly, for your prospective customers. BUT ultimately, it winds up being something "free" (but paid by others, not you) that is actually an incentive to hikers, one that helps drives business in the door, and then reaps the rewards/profits of other purchases. Seems reasonable 8~/ You'll likely do quite well. "This way to the egress..."

Here's your competition for my "MAGIC" dollars

https://www.stjude.org/give.html?sc_...hoChsoQAvD_BwE
    Last edited by 4eyedbuzzard; 03-05-2019 at 19:38.

A proper quick, brave, steady, ready gentleman! ocourse's Avatar

[QUOTE=doeriverhikerrest;2235286]Purchase a Craft Beer, Appetizer or Bunk for a 2019 Thru Hiker. We will put your number on the board. When a hiker comes in we put their trail name next to the number, take their picture and post it on Facebook so you can see who you purchased the item for.
    Follow the following link:
    http://www.squareup.com/store/thestationat19e
    Almost looks like a troll post. At any rate, you're getting advertisement on the cheap. This is not "trail magic", it's service offered for profit. And I agree with Lone Wolf. It won't work out well.
    I've learned....
    That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    So, let me get this straight. You, the OP, are the owner of this for-profit hostel and bar, and you are trying to get other people who aren't customers to pay for your actual customers' purchases of services and beer and such. By calling it "trail magic from your desk". Except it's more akin to yogi-ing, ostensibly, for your prospective customers. BUT ultimately, it winds up being something "free" (but paid by others, not you) that is actually an incentive to hikers, one that helps drives business in the door, and then reaps the rewards/profits of other purchases. Seems reasonable 8~/ You'll likely do quite well. "This way to the egress..."

Here's your competition for my "MAGIC" dollars

https://www.stjude.org/give.html?sc_...hoChsoQAvD_BwE

alright so I'm not the only person who thought this didn't seem right.

Very well put, at first I wasn't even thinking of the obvious profit factor - just the fact you can just about have your hand held through the whole darn trail if you wanted to these days... no wonder it's so over crowded.
    NoDoz
    nobo 2018 March 10th - October 19th
    -
    I'm just one too many mornings and 1,000 miles behind

Images

Quote Originally Posted by LazyLightning View Post
    alright so I'm not the only person who thought this didn't seem right.

Very well put, at first I wasn't even thinking of the obvious profit factor - just the fact you can just about have your hand held through the whole darn trail if you wanted to these days... no wonder it's so over crowded.
    I don't really think it's a huge driver or profit maker, nor do I really think that's the OP's intent. I was just making a point and poking fun. It's more just the idea that there are so many people who truly need charitable donations in this world. Because they're sick, or hungry, or ... And even abused animals. Not to mention environmental concerns. Hikers just aren't a group that NEEDS charity or donations or free stuff.

Could this be considered a commercial post?
    More walking, less talking.

Default Trail Magic from your Desk!

this sounds amazing!

You know, for all the people in the FB thru hiking pages who are tripping over themselves to provide trail magic, this is perfect for them. They can get the recognition they crave but don’t have to contribute to polluting the trail.

Can't believe people would actually fall for this.

Funny, no mention about providing "Terminal Magic" with food and drink to vacationers having to endure traffic and long lines in airports. An underserved volunteer supported group to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Call View Post
    People drink beer on vacation right?

This whole thing doesn't surprise me one bit. More free handouts for the thru hikers. Comes with the territory of being unemployed and homeless. Except this is a choice yet....still the handouts!

Great marketing ploy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++