WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Section Hike - Dick's Creek Gap TO Fontana Dam - Summer 2019

Senior planning on hiking from Dick's Creek Gap (North Georgia) to Fontana Dam (NC) this summer (2019) for 1 full week - Saturday to Sunday. Have not determined the exact week to start yet, I have some flexibility. Average 10-12 miles per day, could be more depending on terrain. Not in a hurry, I must enjoy the views, I don't run by them. I have been doing the AT in sections for a number of years, and constantly conditioning, year round. If you are interested in joining me, let me know.

Journal Entries

I would be interested. I'm planning a mid May section from Deep Gap to Fontana. I have done all of Ga and the Dicks Creek to Deep Gap twice. It would be nice to be able to position two vehicles to avoid needing shuttles. If this timing is not good for you perhaps there are others that may be interested.

So you are just 3.5 miles South of Dick's Creek Gap and heading to Fontana Dam, that's a pretty good math if you ask me. Just to make sure, you plan to be on the trail 9 days -- Saturday to Sunday -- Leaving Deep Gap on Saturday and arriving to Fontana Dam the following Sunday, right?. So now that I know you are out there, I need to look at my work and family commitments a little closer, and see if May will work for me. Just give me a week or two to sort things out, and I will be back in touch with you. I did Amicalola to Dick's solo last year in 9 days (Sat to Sun). I have already done the Smokies, as well as Mass, VT and now in NH with my 2 sons. I turned 66 in November, so I am right behind you!

I am thinking either Apt 27 thru May 5 OR May 4 thru May 12 -- what are your thoughts?

++ New Posts ++