WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Ignore: Big Agnes Tiger Wall without footprint

Please ignore - I’ve found a much lighter footprint saving 2/3 weight which will hopefully be a good compromise.

Hi all, I’ve read with interest the opinion that footprints aren’t worth the weight and am considering leaving that at home for my thru this year. I have a Big Agnes Tiger Wall UL 2 which I have previously used with the footprint for on the southern AT and in England and, to be honest, did feel I got some benefit (possibly psychologically) from the additional thickness in addition to the bucket as some of the camp spots I used did contain a lot of pointy stuff - roots, ends of rocks, general litter etc - and, given I was very impressed with the waterproofing on the bucket, I am nervous about putting it onto the bare ground and fear I’d have to spend a lot more time clearing camp plots near shelters or rejecting them due to imovable objects and wasting time or struggling to find an acceptable plot.

Can anyone share experience on this or similar tents (I guess Fly Creek, Copper Spur) and the robustness if not using the footprint to put my mind at ease or otherwise?
    Last edited by cep; 02-16-2019 at 10:12.

++ New Posts ++