Hey, all. My dad, who is 83 and in pretty decent physical shape, has asked if we could do a short hike on the AT this spring. He lives in lower Bucks County, PA, so the stretch from, say, Port Clinton to Delaware Water Gap is all within a ~90 minute drive. This is sort of a bucket list type thing for him - he's heard us talk about hiking for 30 years and decided that the time is right, I guess.

I've never hiked in PA. We need a very short (<3 miles total), fairly level hike, preferably with a nice view or something. Looking at the Companion and Google Maps, I see two that might work: Bake Oven Knob, or possibly Wolf Rocks.

Bake Oven Knob: about half a mile and 100 feet up to the Knob, then another half mile and 200 feet down to the shelter. This is probably doable. Is there a decent view from the Knob? How's the road to the trailhead? Looks like an 8% grade down to the shelter? Might be too much.

Wolf Rocks: 1.6 miles from the trailhead, but only 200 feet of elevation gain. Is this really that level, or does the elevation profile conceal a lot of ups and downs? He says he thinks he can do 3 miles total, which I think is accurate given the walking he is doing at home.

Or maybe there is something at DWG where we can drive to the top of the ridgeline and walk out to a good view? I've never been there, and the maps aren't as helpful as people who have.

Hoping to do this in early May.

Thanks for any feedback.