Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Why does my start date have to be in May? I'd love to meet this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo117 View Post
    Why does my start date have to be in May? I'd love to meet this guy.
    You shouldn’t have any trouble catching up to him.
    If he’s still hiking.
    Wayne

I'm really rooting for this guy. Say what you will, but he's on trail and we're not...
    (trailname: Paul-from-Scotland)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by futureatwalker View Post
    I'm really rooting for this guy. Say what you will, but he's on trail and we're not...
    i wouldn trade with him. i'll take 200lbs and have to go to work tomorrow over 400lbs and out hiking.

Quote Originally Posted by tdoczi View Post
    i wouldn trade with him. i'll take 200lbs and have to go to work tomorrow over 400lbs and out hiking.
    ^^^+1 (I do hope he completes the trail though)

February, 2019: 52 miles.
    One of y’all math whizzes want to project his progress before snow hits next Fall?
    Keep in mind: He zeros for rain. We don’t know what he will do in snow. Idyllwild to Big Bear should be interesting for him.
    All the best to him! 👍
    Wayne

Dudes put in more miles than most hikers this year.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    For him, rain means Zeros and collecting water. He can’t count on rain forever.
    I’ve never seen anyone brag about their first “water crossing”. It looked like an ankle deep puddle maybe one pace wide.
    I can’t criticize. He’s on a trail and I’m not.
    A Trail name yet?
    Wayne
    A crossing like that is tough for a big guy, stepping over branches is tough for a big guys...the things we all take for granted and are easy for us are tough for a big guy.

While I think he needs to avoid junk food like the plague he's gotten up to doing 10 miles per day (last video)...that says something

I’m going back under my rock.
    Wayne

February, 2019: 52 miles.
    One of y’all math whizzes want to project his progress before snow hits next Fall?
    Wayne
    Texas Instruments, maker of some fine calculators, is located in Dallas. Dont you east TX rowdies get a home state discount?

Dude,
    I was using a TI calculator before Gutenberg invented the printing press. 👍😄
    Alas, I really don’t care. I’m reasonably positive that the mountains between Idyllwild and Big Bear will be impassible for Second Chance. Or should be if he actually pays attention to the conditions later this month.
    The March starters will be passing him soon. They might also be hindered in the mountains.
    I can’t find the permit calendar as usual. Didn’t March fill up? Theoretically, 50 hikers started today.
    Meanwhile, the first 21 episodes of the 2018 CDT hike are up on YouTube. seekinglost.
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    Texas Instruments, maker of some fine calculators, is located in Dallas. Dont you east TX rowdies get a home state discount?
    Discount on TI calculators? Ha! As much as locked-in students do, probably.

#13 is up and running. Spirits high despite the weather.
    I might have to re-evaluate.
    Wayne

#13 is up and running. Spirits high despite the weather.
    I might have to re-evaluate.
    Wayne
    When the dude sleeps in a pit toilet. You know his hearts in it.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfoxengineering View Post
    When the dude sleeps in a pit toilet. You know his hearts in it.
    Perhaps. That did look like the cleanest pit toilet ever.
    I still have to wonder how his gear got wet? Is he learning how to correct these mistakes? I don’t know what tent he has. In an earlier video I noticed a lot of daylight at ground level around the perimeter of the tent. Something definitely didn’t look right. We need more videos of what’s happening when things go wrong.
    Wayne

Images

I believe that toilet is at the Sunrise Trailhead near mile 59 which is an area popular with mountain bikers. It was a pretty luxurious toilet, I sat in its shadow at noon for about an hour because it was the only spot of shade around. Managed to Yogi two cold beers off the bikers there. Oh., memories.

Second Chance is definitely looking stronger. Venchka, I agree, something is not right with the tent. When he had his stuff laid out to dry all I saw was a cuban fiber tarp. I wonder if he is using the word tent when he is really just using a tarp?
    “For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
    the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier

Images

Quote Originally Posted by imscotty View Post
    I believe that toilet is at the Sunrise Trailhead near mile 59 which is an area popular with mountain bikers. It was a pretty luxurious toilet, I sat in its shadow at noon for about an hour because it was the only spot of shade around. Managed to Yogi two cold beers off the bikers there. Oh., memories.

Second Chance is definitely looking stronger. Venchka, I agree, something is not right with the tent. When he had his stuff laid out to dry all I saw was a cuban fiber tarp. I wonder if he is using the word tent when he is really just using a tarp?
    He is definitely getting stronger. At 8 and 10 mile days he is starting to get in shape.
    enemy of unnecessary but innovative trail invention gadgetry

Images

In episode 13 he does say Zpacks Tent and when he pans to show the snow, there is bug netting around minutes 7:55 to 8:00. Part of the bag wetness could be due him causing his own condensation, and watching the video his bag seems to be in contact quite a bit with the cuben fiber and bug netting.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L’Amour

He's getting stronger, learning, and maintaining a positive attitude. All's well.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

Perhaps. That did look like the cleanest pit toilet ever.
    I still have to wonder how his gear got wet? Is he learning how to correct these mistakes? I don’t know what tent he has. In an earlier video I noticed a lot of daylight at ground level around the perimeter of the tent. Something definitely didn’t look right. We need more videos of what’s happening when things go wrong.
    Wayne
    Im pretty sure hes a Zpacks Duplex. And i think he sucks at pitching it. Im pretty sure he just is getting horrible condensation and is touching the walls. Dude that size in a duplex? Is probably steamy and tight in there.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++