WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Looking for a place to park my car near Amicalola, March 23rd to April 2nd

I'm looking at the logistics of where to park my car during a section hike from the start of the approach trail at Amicalola to the GA/NC border. My son is stashing a car in NC, but I'm pretty sure that during those dates, there won't be any long term parking at Amicalola. Does anyone have any suggestions, or can you recommend a place to park? Thanks!

Jim

Call the park office and ask. Couple years ago we got a pass at the office and parked in a lot just outside the park entrance. Us and 2 dozen others. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

There's also a big lot up by the Lodge, they may allow 7-10 day parking. It's not like your leaving it there for months.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Yeah, they have a little forest service road that they park section hikers on. Just go into the office and tell them that you're section hiking and need to park for a couple of weeks. They'll sell you a day pass for $5 a day or an annual pass for like $40 and tell you where to park.

Journal Entries
    Images

Thanks to those who responded. I figured the parking lots would be a lot fuller at the end of March. Evidently not so. I can't wait to get out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlight View Post
    Thanks to those who responded. I figured the parking lots would be a lot fuller at the end of March. Evidently not so. I can't wait to get out there!

I suggest parking at Amicalola. The park has a back road they use for long term parking for $5/day. They will let you park there. Plenty of parking, even in March, and there is very little chance of your car being broken into, unlike other parking trail heads along the AT.

Journal Entries
    Images

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

++ New Posts ++