WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default JMT Aspirational hiking movie on Amazon Prime: Mile. Mile and a Half

Snow + blizzard like conditions in Minnesota this weekend. Between shoveling sessions I stumbled upon a fairly decent documentary movie about a group of hikers/artists thru hiking the JMT. It is several yeras old so, perhaps it has already been posted here. Of note, it is FREE, to view for Amzon Prime members.

https://www.amazon.com/Mile-Mile-Hal...s%2C153&sr=8-1

Definitely worth the 1hour 27 minute run time if the alternative is facing the blizzard.

Enjoy

Watching it turned me onto Opus Orange songs applicable for the trail. Almost There, Momentum, Ridgeline, and Light Between the Trees are some of my favs. They are always on my trail song lists. Playing Ridgeline on ridge hikes gets me in the ridge line ZEN hiking zone. Momentum and Almost There have given me that extra energetic boost to put in those final daily miles or attain a goal like attaining a saddle, pass, summit or completing a deep cold ford. Waking up to a sunrise or after hitting that pass playing Light Between the Trees is the payoff song to enjoy stopped while contemplating the grace of being able to enjoy these hiking experiences.

Good vid and soundtrack to tune into.

Great movie! Also, great band! Check out the band Loud Forest who’s also in OO.

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

The movie was on NetFlix in 2015 and was my inspiration (combined with a few fortuitous situations in life) for hiking the JMT in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by HooKooDooKu View Post
    The movie was on NetFlix in 2015 and was my inspiration (combined with a few fortuitous situations in life) for hiking the JMT in 2016.
    Very similar situation for me. I had never even heard of the JMT, watched it when it was originally on Netflix and while watching it I'm thinking in my head "I have to do this". Thanks to some understanding bosses at work who let me take 3 weeks off, I was on the trail the next year!
    It is what it is.

Images

I thru'd it in Aug/Sep 2018. Have this DVD. Not perfect but certainly not bad. I'd recommend it.
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Watched this last night, it was a lot of fun -- much better than expected for an amateur documentary. I loved seeing the group transform from tenuous-but-intrepid explorers into seasoned adventurers along the way.

Thanks for the tip!

++ New Posts ++