WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Wind Gap Post Office

Anyone send packages to Wind Gap PA post office?
    We stay at Delaware Water Gap but get in late on a Saturday, so PO closed.
    Is Wind Gap PA post office open and available?
    It's listed as 0830-1200 Saturdays, but have been bit before and foud them closed.
    Looks to be .7 miles off trail and fairly easy access.

Call them and ask? Phone: 610-863-6206

I sent a re-provision package there in September of 2017. It was received by the PO okay and it only took a few minutes to pickup. It is in the center of town and a bit of a walk from the trail. Wind Gap is a small town and while I wouldn't call it a hiker town, you probably can get a hitch in. Unfortunately, the PO is closed after 12:30 Saturday and doesn't reopen until Monday.

You may want to think about sending your package to Edge of the Woods Outfitters in Delaware Water Gap. According to the AWOL AT Guide, they are open seven days a week (Memorial Day through Labor Day) and accept FedEx and UPS (only I think).
    Trail Name - Slapshot
    "One step at a time."
    Blog - www.tonysadventure.com

the church hostel in DWG takes packages
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit McCrae View Post
    the church hostel in DWG takes packages
    The hostel or outfitter would be good options. Just don't mail it too far in advance so they don't have to sit on it too long.

I dropped down to the Wind Gap hoping to find a meal real early in the morning (we left Leroy Smith at 5 AM to beat the heat and still nearly died of heat stroke that day). That early in the morning there wasn't any chance of getting a ride and it's a bit of a down hill walk. In the end the trip was a bust and a waste of time. The only thing open that early was a gas station/junk food store. By the time we got back to the trail it was already 80 with 80% humidity and was greeted by a steep climb out of the gap. Hiking in PA during a heat index advisory day is brutal - I hope you'll be there when it's cooler.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by ldsailor View Post
    I sent a re-provision package there in September of 2017. It was received by the PO okay and it only took a few minutes to pickup. It is in the center of town and a bit of a walk from the trail. Wind Gap is a small town and while I wouldn't call it a hiker town, you probably can get a hitch in. Unfortunately, the PO is closed after 12:30 Saturday and doesn't reopen until Monday.

You may want to think about sending your package to Edge of the Woods Outfitters in Delaware Water Gap. According to the AWOL AT Guide, they are open seven days a week (Memorial Day through Labor Day) and accept FedEx and UPS (only I think).
    To begin my flip-flop attempt last April, I shipped all my gear to Edge of the Woods outfitters. They accepted the package to hold for me after I called them first to make sure it would be ok. After my flight and subsequent taxi ride to DWG, I stopped in at Edge of the Woods, only to find that they were closed for the season. Still, the owner opened the store just for me. After picking up my gear there, I purchased a few items to help recompense him as he wouldn't accept any money for his inconvenience. Great place!
    humor is the gadfly on the corpse of tragedy

++ New Posts ++