Default 6 Easy and Beautiful Hairstyles for Outdoors, Hiking, Exercising for long/medium hair

In today's video I will share with you my top 6 favourite go-to hairstyles for long or medium hair that are perfect for hiking and any outdoor activities. All of them are good for keeping your hair away form the face and at the same time looking very cute, and all you need is a brush and a couple hair elastics. So let's begin!

Watch the full video here:

Let us know if you have enjoyed this video leaving me a comment. We are really interested to know what hairstyle you would like to recreate and which one is your favourite.

I know this is the women's forum, but really?
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

I wish I knew how to do braids

Quote Originally Posted by copro View Post
    It is not that difficult at all, just the matter of practice, start with the simple braid and then learn from there. And once your fingers will get used to braiding it will be very simple for you. But it may take you several months of practice to be more confident. Keep on practicing!

Thanks for sharing this! I have long hair and am always looking for ways to deal with it while hiking.

Quote Originally Posted by copro View Post
    Learn using 3 pieces of rope. Much easier than braiding your own hair.

Fasten the ropes together at one end (knot, binder clip, whatever).
    Put the outside right rope over the center rope.
    Put the left rope over the new center rope.
    Put the right rope (used to be the center) over the center, etc.

Right over center; left over center; right over center; left over center. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

If I wasn't clear enough, I'm sure there are Youtube videos.

-FA

Quote Originally Posted by Make like a Tree View Post
    Thanks for sharing this! I have long hair and am always looking for ways to deal with it while hiking.
    Thank you for the feedback, I am very happy that you found this video tutorial useful. Hope that you will find comfortable ways to deal with your hair, let me know how it goes.

Thanks for the tips. I definitely need to practice

My hair is currently waist length which makes it hard on the arms to braid. To get an even/symmetrical braid, I braid half way down then pull it up over my head and braid it upside down until about two inches from the end (for those learning, this also lets you see what you’re doing when looking in a mirror). Last, I pull it to the side and finish it up.

Caveat...only a side braid or side pony tail keeps long hair out of the way of a pack, everything else creates tangles and snarls from the friction.

I like Just Bill’s recommendation to section the pony tail with 3-4 small, rubber bands and often do this with a side pony tail.

Everybody's hair is different and there is definetely not one best way to keep it in place. For my thin and wavy hair the short cut would be not comfortable and too much hussle. And if I just keep it in the ponytail they get tangled right away, so I can't let them loose. So the braids seem to be the only real option for me. And sometimes I just do a simple braid and sometimes I have an inspiration for something more complicated. But it's important to enjoy the process too. It can be some kind of meditation with the right mood.

++ New Posts ++