WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Crazy Larry's B&B/Cottage

Crazy Larry’s accepts credit cards.

$45 per person plus taxes. Your stay includes shower, laundry, breakfast, snacks, use of kitchen and electric for your gadgets. The best WiFi in town with a strong signal. HVAC

Cottage available sleeps 12 or more people $275 plus taxes. 2 private rooms w/bath, 2 private rooms with shared bath, two couches with pull out for a queen size bed, WiFi, Television, movies, books, fully stocked kitchen, HVAC.

Journal Entries
    Images

I received a message asking why the price increase and I replied with this;

The cost of living in Washington County has increased and the fact that there has been a good amount of bad behaving folks coming through my doors from the community has helped me to understand if the price increases less bad behaving folks and more money in my pocket and for the city and county. I love doing this but I have did this on little money to last through the winter or pay my bills on time as well. I am getting older, making changes so I can attempt to put some money away. For the most part this is how I make a living. So "Yes" it has increased that much. I can only sleep 6 and 8 in a pinch now. Last year I traveled across the country and paid an average of $80 a night for motels without laundry and breakfast.

And the cottage is seperate from my place. Someone else owns that and I lease it when it is available.

Along with that I love to give to others and I am not going to quit doing that. On messenger I have received messages from folks trying to hold me to what I did back then. If I decide to charge you less than or to let you stay at no cost or let you do a work for stay it is because I want to do that. I do not want to sound rough here but I give for my satisfaction and not yours. If you want to stay, and I hope you will, then cool. There are three other places to stay and they are good places and good folks too, The Place is the cheapest, and then there is Woodchucks and the Broken Fiddle. I cannot compete with their prices nor am I going to attempt too.

Whether you stay here or elsewhere or hike on through at least stop and look through my hiker box on the porch and take something or leave something. I have been asking for donations to keep it full. Last year it overflowed with folks sending food, gear and other supplies. So I hope even some of you here will send some donations for the hiker box as well.

crazy larry is a good guy. . .i've stayed here 3 times, his place is clean, decent, has everything a hiker needs. . .and he does make a mean pancake. . .

.com

...and if the season is right - sumok tea!

Hey Larry!

My girlfriend and I stayed at Larrys 2 years ago and he was nothing but accommodating and friendly. It was low key and clean. Our stay here was a key part of our experience.

Thanks Larry and good luck with the upcoming season!

Images

When I first saw this thread, I was confused, because nowhere is the location of this place mentioned? then, duh, I saw Crazy Larry is from Damascus.

We might be hiking through there late in the fall, like late October... are you still open then? If so, we might stay.

Journal Entries
    Images

New price, $55 with laundry and breakfast. Without laundry $47.50, without breakfast and laundry $40.

I’ll second the folks above. Crazy Karry’s is an A-1 place to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    I’ll second the folks above. Crazy Karry’s is an A-1 place to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    CRazy Karry?

++ New Posts ++