WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Fontana Village general store still closed for season

AWOL 2019 says open 3/10 but it isn’t. Haven’t got a clear answer when will be open. Just be aware that resupply here is currently limited to the pitstop. Grill bar also closed and bistro ‘restaurant’ has limited winter menu. Stay elsewhere and resupply in Robbinsville with Ingles, DG and Walgreens is my advice.

Do you have suggestions for catching a shuttle from Fontana?

The Hike Inn will run shuttles. Also, hikers who are staying there are taken into Robbinsville in the evening so they can eat and resupply. Their phone number is 828-479-3677. They are located about 5 or 6 miles from Fontana Dam. I've used them for shuttles in past years when section hiking and recommend them. Give them a call and see what they can do for you. Hope things work out on your getting resupply.
    Regards,
    Yukon Ron

When you pass thru Hiawassee go to the Ingles, get your resupply from Ingles supermarket, go to the post office in front of Ingles and mail yourself the resupply to the Fontana Inn. I think there might be a charge if you don't stay there. I've done this several times with no problems and I've taken hikers to the Inn many times so they could get their supply drop that was waiting for them. Not a complicated resupply at all.

You can also mail from Franklin. There’s a Postal Plus type place down by the Budget Inn and Kountry Kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Ron View Post
    The Hike Inn will run shuttles. Also, hikers who are staying there are taken into Robbinsville in the evening so they can eat and resupply. Their phone number is 828-479-3677. They are located about 5 or 6 miles from Fontana Dam. I've used them for shuttles in past years when section hiking and recommend them. Give them a call and see what they can do for you. Hope things work out on your getting resupply.
    Regards,
    Yukon Ron
    Thanks. I’m glad to know that will work.

++ New Posts ++