WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

:banana AT in Shenandoah National Park.

Howdy all, Im a trail Overseer up in SNP and wanted to pass on that good progress has been made getting the tail cleared after the Ice Storms and shutdown. Be mindful that there is allot of "deadfall" Limbs up in the tree tops that we can see now, but will be camouflaged when it greens up. Enjoy your hike and have a safe journey

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dcotton54 View Post
    Howdy all, Im a trail Overseer up in SNP and wanted to pass on that good progress has been made getting the tail cleared after the Ice Storms and shutdown. Be mindful that there is allot of "deadfall" Limbs up in the tree tops that we can see now, but will be camouflaged when it greens up. Enjoy your hike and have a safe journey
    I take it yesterdays dual assault on the South district went well. Good on y'all that could get out there on a Tuesday. Wish I could have made it, but alas work would not allow it.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L’Amour

Images

Thanks for all you guys do for the trail! I remember there was a large area of mostly dead forest just south of Pinefield Hut last spring. I bet it took quite some effort to clear that area.
    It's all good in the woods.

Thanks for your work. I had hoped to hike some of the south section right before the holidays, but it was closed. I did hike a central section, and the trail was beautiful. Great work!

Journal Entries

We're headed up that way this weekend, and REALLY APPRECIATE the work done to get the trails in good shape! Thank you!!

Thank you for making the trail great again!

Thank you for the hard work and the update! Will begin a flip flop SOBO next week, glad trail will be somewhat clearer but still expecting to scrabble a bit over dead fall. But will keep a watchful eye for the widow-markers...

I hiked snp back in January and it was a nightmare, thanks for all your hard work!
    - Young Blood | AT2015 | PCT2016 | CDT2017

Thanks for your work. I really miss being close enough to SNP for day hiking.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    Thank you for the hard work and the update! Will begin a flip flop SOBO next week, glad trail will be somewhat clearer but still expecting to scrabble a bit over dead fall. But will keep a watchful eye for the widow-markers...
    Definitely keep an eye out on the widow makers. About 15 mins South of Swift Run Gap there is one I could not clear by myself that could be an issue if the wind is blowing hard. Trail passes right underneath it. Will try to get back and take it down next Saturday with a little help. Also by the time you come through most if not all of the snow should be melted. 6 to 8 inches yesterday. I know there are still blow downs below that snow cover, but should be easy enough to step over once the snow is gone.

Furlough
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L’Amour

++ New Posts ++