WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Greylock Community Club Parking closed

AT hiking at the Greylock Community Club in North Adams, MA has ended. When I called the club today I was told that the rehabbing of the mill property next door had reduced the available parking so they were not allowing hikers to park there any more in order to provide space for their members. Hopefully a viable replacement can be found as that was a very safe and accessible parking lot.

So sorry to hear this will no longer be available. I parked there for over two weeks while hiking the LT. I gave them a $50 bill as a token of my appreciation. They asked if I wanted change and were genuinely appreciative! Thanks for the heads up, Dave.

We're working on an alternative location nearby, but it probably won't have confirmation until June--a few moving parts remaining to be sorted out. For now, Pattison Rd is the best option for a day or two. Would not consider it for long term.

Cosmo

Images

Dave and Cosmo,

Thanks for the heads up. Let us know if alternatives become available. We host many section hikers and LT thruhikers who used GCC in the past.
    Order your copy of the Appalachian Trail Passport at www.ATPassport.com

Green Mountain House Hostel
    Manchester Center, VT

http://www.greenmountainhouse.net

I called today and was told the lot was open for parking for hikers. Any way to confirm? Thanks

Yes,it's open for use. Not a lot of capacity, so short distance hikers (2-5 days or so) should use parking at other trailheads. I can help folks find those options, just PM me. Most of the regular shuttle providers in the area are aware of the parking areas as well.

Cosmo

Quote Originally Posted by Mouser999 View Post
    I called today and was told the lot was open for parking for hikers. Any way to confirm? Thanks

++ New Posts ++