WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    Yes, kidding about Facebook and emails.
    Somewhat surprised you carry a cell, but then your trips are much, much longer than mine (I'm out usually for a max of 5-6 nights).
    I still use my original cell as my home phone and for work. It has the ability to make and receive phone calls, which is all I expect a phone to do.
    Attachment 45058
    The difference between us---not counting trip length---is I don't have a car parked anywhere for emergency Exit---so I get dropped off at the beginning of a trip and picked up at the end. I'm assuming you park somewhere and go backpacking and then return to your car. Without a car, a cellphone helps in changing schedules and pickup points---and of course peace of mind about home concerns and alerts on family emergencies.

Oh Cool, you met Plug-It-In!

Hes a bud of mine

Quote Originally Posted by blue indian View Post
    Oh Cool, you met Plug-It-In!

Hes a bud of mine
    Yes, it turns out his name is Benny Braden and he's working on some kind of FKT record on all the trails in the Smokies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    Yes, it turns out his name is Benny Braden and he's working on some kind of FKT record on all the trails in the Smokies.
    Yeah man! Thats him

He already set the FKT for the smokies. I believe is a double 900-miler in the smokies. Hes been a tear recently, just this past year he thru hiked the Long Trail, JMT, BMT, Uinta Highline Trail and set a record in the Smokies. Sure is a lot of walkin

Quote Originally Posted by blue indian View Post
    Yeah man! Thats him

He already set the FKT for the smokies. I believe is a double 900-miler in the smokies. Hes been a tear recently, just this past year he thru hiked the Long Trail, JMT, BMT, Uinta Highline Trail and set a record in the Smokies. Sure is a lot of walkin
    With the GSMNP AT it's less than 1K...not all that far a distance considering what TC thrus do in 4-6 months.

Another great trip report Tipi!!!!! Thank you for posting!
    "I told my Ma's and Pa's I was coming to them mountains and they acted as if they was gutshot. Ma, I sez's, them mountains is the marrow of the world and by God, I was right". Del Gue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++