WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Zpacks Aquaclip on ULA Circuit

Has anyone used a zpacks aqua clip on a ULA Circuit? Since the circuit doesn't have the daisy chain loops on the upper part of the shoulder strap, I find that the water bottle flops around too much. Has anyone modified their pack to make it a little more stable?

I really like the aquaclip idea since it allows you to get water with only one hand.

Even with the daisy chain on my zpacks pack I never could get it stable and secure enough despite trying several ways to get it tight. I went to the zimmerbuilt holder instead and it works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Maineiac64 View Post
    Even with the daisy chain on my zpacks pack I never could get it stable and secure enough despite trying several ways to get it tight. I went to the zimmerbuilt holder instead and it works great.
    I see - I have something similar to that already - I was just hoping for something that would allow me to get water with one hand.

I use aquaclips with the Circuit and it works great. I can retrieve the water bottle with one hand but then have to tuck my trekking poles under neath my arm to put it back. I just use the existing shock cords on the shoulder strap. Fit the bottom one as needed to the bottle. As for the top one, I tighten down the spring loaded button a bit enough to where the cord has to be pulled out some to put the clip back in. Keeps its nice a stable/tight. Its kinda hard to explain! Works great for me though. If you check out 3:26 of the video below it shows it a little more clearly than I can explain. Hope that helps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_tJNzWxyGA&t=35s

++ New Posts ++