WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Marta
    What's weird about it is that it makes no sense. Thanking God for a home run implies that God wanted the other team to get scored against, that they're somehow less deserving of God's favor. So to me it seems as if it is harming someone; that the person giving thanks is thanking God for harming his opponent.

But I wandered far off the subject of hiking and will not continue to comment on this subject. Sorry for allowing myself to be drawn into it.
    I agree one hundred percent with the above statement. I am a Christian but I preach Christianity by the way I live my life and by a clean vocabilary.
    Last edited by Curt; 03-13-2006 at 19:45.
    ;)

Keep preaching in Church where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by general
    \

they are from here in Cleveland GA. i saw a write up on them in the local news paper. i'm gonna look em up and introduce them to the kill me quick. then they'll see Jesus by god.

Is this a physical threat? I would like to know were this type of anger comes from.

Well, personally, I'm extremely open to talking to them....if, as stated in other posts, they don't get so dogmatic that they try to push a viewpoint on me. There have been a couple of people I met along the trail who broached the topic of faith with me, and I was awed by it. (Both were ministers.) Hiking and being out in nature is my way of going to church.
    mini-m.

Registered User Dances with Mice's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Pedestrian
    Is this a physical threat? I would like to know were this type of anger comes from.
    It's a threat to buy them a drink ... he's talking about tequila.
    You never turned around to see the frowns
    On the jugglers and the clowns
    When they all did tricks for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dances with Mice
    It's a threat to buy them a drink ... he's talking about tequila.
    Forgive my ignorance. Please explain.

geez mingo.. seems you never ever cease to make condescending negative comments. I have got you on my ignore list and yet folks for some reason quote you.. (please guys just ingnore this nut).

As for these evangelzing folks..

yeah..I'll take the trail mix thanks very much. And I'll be glad to listen. If they precede to overload me with scripture I'll just move on. As I see it..a true Christian would seek to comfort and give for the joy of doing so..not simply for the purpose of conerting others to their brand of Christianity.

David

Registered User Dances with Mice's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Pedestrian
    Forgive my ignorance. Please explain.
    I should let the General answer, but I understood the term to mean a strong alcoholic drink with lots of "t'kill ya", or even tequila neat, enough of which could cause one to see the face of Gawd. In context, post #6:
    http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...936#post176936
    Last edited by Dances with Mice; 03-17-2006 at 14:08.
    You never turned around to see the frowns
    On the jugglers and the clowns
    When they all did tricks for you.

Thanks Mr. Mice.
    Simply my ignorance.
    I don't drink so I have no knowledge these terms.
    I don't even know what "tequila neat" means.
    My faith in Whiteblaze has been restored.

Default My cent and a half...

First of all, Thanks to SavageLlama for the link to their site.

Second, Part of the reason i am posting this is because the couple in question link back to this site from theirs, and i hope that they will run across this. (Didn't feel right putting something like this in a ministries guest book. So if the general consensus is that this post should be removed, i shall gladly consent.)

On to business. So long as they can take "No.", "Sorry, not interested.", "I'm already affiliated with a different Diety/Dieties." for a response, then there shouldn't be a problem. However, if listening to their schpiel is considered 'payment' for their services, they should let people know ahead of time so that they can opt out of the entire situation. I have no problem with people sharing their experiences in pretty much any area, but when it becomes preaching, that's another matter. (Apologies if i seem a little testy on this subject, but i'm an ex-minister myself and still feel bad about pushing my former beliefs toward so many others.) According to the christian 'Bible', Jesus did not force his beliefs/ways on others (with the exception of the money-changers in the temple, before someone points that one out) and even gave some advace on how to express ones faith...

Matthew 6:5-6: "And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men....when thou prayest, enter into thy closet and when thou has shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret...."

So please, feel free to express your self and if someone shows interest, feel free to share your thoughts with them. Just remember that everyone has their own journey and lives their own life. Please respect that. (BTW- don't read too much into the nick. It's from Sci-Fi/Horror convention influence rather than anything 'demonic'.)

arch_incubus

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an IDIOT problem..."

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Curt
    I agree one hundred percent with the above statement. I am a Christian but I preach Christianity by the way I live my life and by a clean vocabilary.
    Well, I certainly consider myself as a spiritual person -- though only rarely as a "Christian."

Weary. 207-443-2925

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++