WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Collegiate Loop: a Kook's Planning.

Hey guys!
    I've been learning the hobby through forum research and vloggers for nearly two years now! A year ago I finally began slowly piecing my gear together
    And now I have essentially everything I need. I've been doing some training tests here locally, recently. The nights have been in the low 40s, so its been comfortable for sleeping. The days I've been out have been really warm too, a nice spring feel.
    Mileage wise ive been in the mid teens comfortably, and im moving at basically 3 miles an hour, including breaks.
    *These shakedown runs have also been my first Solo nights outdoors, away from civilization, my car, cell service. Which has been easier than I anticipated*
    I think thats enough of my background, now let's gets to the point.

I'd like to plan my first Multi day thru hike. I am not mentally ready for a month long CT thru hike. But a week+ long, 160 mile Collegiate Loop may be more realistic. I'd like to use this thread to get some advice from you guys. And pinpoint (1) if this is the right trail to attempt as my first. (2) what time of THIS year will be best. (3)"requirements" for the weather at that altitude.

I have been living in Castlerock(6100ft) for nearly 2 years. What sort of training for the altitude do I need to consider?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BackToTheFrontier; 04-22-2019 at 00:41.

++ New Posts ++