WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by zizan View Post
    I'm a lame day hiker, done a few overnights, and moving into section hiking, but I absolutely love being on the trail. I live pretty close to the AT in southern Virginia, and try to get out on local trails (AT and other) a few times a month. Unfortunately I haven't been about to get out for a month or so because life and work has been in the way.

Here's my dilemma - I "mostly" have off from work this Friday, and am really dying to get on the trail. Unfortunately I have to do a conference call for work at 11am. I know the trails around here well enough to know areas that have good cell coverage that I could hike to in time for my call. I also like to think of myself as respectful of other hikers, and don't want to be a jerk.

So here is the question, do I:

1. Go on the hike Friday to the location w/ cell coverage, try to step off the trail a bit and do my call, at the risk of disturbing other hikers with the outside world.

2. Skip another week of hiking to take this stupid call.

The rest of the weekend I have family commitments, so Friday is my only shot. What do you think?
    It's Saturday a week too late to chime in...BUT you are NOT a lame day hiker. I was a day hiker turned section hiker and now a future AT thru-hiker who will be going SOBO. There are many "day hikers" who turned section hiker and thru-hiker...like Jason AKA FROZEN on Youtube. He first fell in love with the idea of thru-hiking the AT when he was section hiking in VA. He completed the Virginia Triple Crown on that trek. Flash forward, he is in PA with his tramily and they all plan to finish together on Mt. Katahdin! Happy trails! ATStrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrifty Endurance View Post
    It's Saturday a week too late to chime in...BUT you are NOT a lame day hiker. I was a day hiker turned section hiker and now a future AT thru-hiker who will be going SOBO. There are many "day hikers" who turned section hiker and thru-hiker...like Jason AKA FROZEN on Youtube. He first fell in love with the idea of thru-hiking the AT when he was section hiking in VA. He completed the Virginia Triple Crown on that trek. Flash forward, he is in PA with his tramily and they all plan to finish together on Mt. Katahdin! Happy trails! ATStrong.
    He’s way past PA. We’ve passed each other a few times. Frozen and his tribe are beasts out here. They are hitting big miles.

Thanks everyone for the kinds words and suggestions! I did in fact take the hike and do the call. I did pass about a dozen-thru hikers, but don't think any of them minded. I took the opportunity to turn on video on my call for just a few minutes to show everyone else on the call the awesome view I had to make them jealous before moving into the woods. So everything worked out well.

Quote Originally Posted by zizan View Post
    Thanks everyone for the kinds words and suggestions! I did in fact take the hike and do the call. I did pass about a dozen-thru hikers, but don't think any of them minded. I took the opportunity to turn on video on my call for just a few minutes to show everyone else on the call the awesome view I had to make them jealous before moving into the woods. So everything worked out well.
    Bahaha....

If only i take business calls from the trail. Im jealous

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++