WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Shuttle or Uber/Lyft near Bryson City/Cherokee, NC?

We're hiking part of the Mountains to Sea Trail near the Clingmans Dome area. We planned our trip kind of last minute, so we're having some trouble booking a shuttle service. I'm still waiting to hear back from a few, so hopefully something will come through. However, if all else fails, does anybody know if Uber/Lyft/taxi service is readily available in that area? The nearest towns are Bryson City and Cherokee, NC. We just need to go a relatively short distance from the endpoint to get to the trailhead where we're starting our hike. Thanks!

Registered User Tennessee Viking's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tklp View Post
    We're hiking part of the Mountains to Sea Trail near the Clingmans Dome area. We planned our trip kind of last minute, so we're having some trouble booking a shuttle service. I'm still waiting to hear back from a few, so hopefully something will come through. However, if all else fails, does anybody know if Uber/Lyft/taxi service is readily available in that area? The nearest towns are Bryson City and Cherokee, NC. We just need to go a relatively short distance from the endpoint to get to the trailhead where we're starting our hike. Thanks!
    FYI - The route leading out of the Smokies has reverted back to its original route in the last year. The MST leaves the Smokies at Mingus Mill and routes to the Parkway.

Whats your endpoint exactly?

As for shuttles...

If you haven't already, check the MST trail guides for Segments 1 and 2. They have shuttle/hiker services listed in them.

Most of the AT shuttle services from the Smokies to the NOC or Fontanashould be able to shuttle to nearby points, or forward you to specific MST contacts.

Give NOC a try. Pisgah Inn may have some shuttle service contacts as well.

With a lot of people going to Damascus Trail Days, response may be limited.
    ''Tennessee Viking'
    Mountains to Sea Trail Hiker & Maintainer
    Former TEHCC (AT) Maintainer

Thanks! It turned out OK. I did use the WhiteBlaze list of shuttle services, and after trying a number of people (who were busy) I got a shuttle lined up with Mark from Carolina Bound Adventures. It worked out great! Next time I'll definitely book a shuttle, if necessary, further in advance.

++ New Posts ++