Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post
I hang out with redliners, There are lot of trails on the fringes of the WMNF that a peakbagger would never visit that add up to lot of miles. Seeing the conditions of some of them like Haystack Notch Trail in Maine, I don't think anyone uses it unless they need to check a box. Steve Smith the WMG editor is rapidly adding formerly local trail networks like the Shelburne Trails Association trails to the guide. I think its two headed goal.. make the guide comprehensive and sell more new guides as there is new content

Note the terrifying 25 list was created by a couple of home schooled elementary children. Great kids with 4Ks under their belts when they were quite young but still their interpretation may be different than an adults (although there was public input on the list). The former Underhill route off of North Percy in Nash Stream has one of the most significant pucker factors I have hiked. Traversing steep open slabs is not my thing.
I kinda figured that. When I hiked the Cohos. I was like oh... there's thousands more miles left here in NH lol. It was quite the different perspective.

I had finished the 48 a couple times before doing the AT.

And the AT kinda closes one mind on how "big" the whites are. Theres way more in NH than the AT thats for sure.

I feel like one spend could three weeks just walking around the sandwich range.

The 48 are cool. The AT is cool. But man there are some hidden gems and AMAZING places in NH when you get away from the peaks and the AT.

My first time to Dixville Notch blew me away. Loved it.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk