WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dream Hike?

Default Dream Hike?

I just picked out a route on the AT that would be my dream: from my house, walk to Harper’s Ferry along the C&O canal towpath. Turn right on the AT, and north to Katahdin. Turn around and head south to Springer. Turn around and hike north to Harper’s Ferry. Turn right on towpath and walk home. Life goes back to normal?

What’s your dream Hike?

Almost 5000 miles, one traditional thru and one flip flop, all without the need for a shuttle.

A thru of Te Araroa. PCT and Hayduke get honorable mention.
    It is what it is.

Leonidas

Pinhoti Southern Terminus to the BMT/Pinhoti Northern Terminus.
    BMT Nobo to AT at the end of GSMNP.
    AT NOBO to Katahdin.
    AT SOBO to Springer.
    Springer NOBO on the BMT to the Pinhoti Northern Terminus.
    Pinhoti SOBO.

Would end up with an AT yo-yo, a BMT thru and a Pinhoti yo-yo.
    AT: 695.7 mi
    Benton MacKaye Trail '20
    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'
    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/c/LeonidasontheTrail

an AT thru before I die

I was planning another section hike for the beginning of June, I decided I wanted to adopt a dog instead. So, I guess my dream hike will be daily day hikes this year throughout NH with the Australian Shepard'ish mutt.

Images

A week n half at Yellowstone with the family - then hop on the John muir trail with no time limit and the funds to have the pack mule bring me in food drops as I head toward whitney. Who know's maybe I can get a Drone food drop.

Quote Originally Posted by chknfngrs View Post
    I just picked out a route on the AT that would be my dream: from my house, walk to Harper’s Ferry along the C&O canal towpath. Turn right on the AT, and north to Katahdin. Turn around and head south to Springer. Turn around and hike north to Harper’s Ferry. Turn right on towpath and walk home. Life goes back to normal?

What’s your dream Hike?
    That sounds like a good plan. You must not be to far from me. There's a lot of beautiful trails in America and the perfect 1 for me would be the 1 where I wouldn't have to get off trail to go back to work. And the matrix. Just out there for as long as I want, FREEDOM!!

My fantasy hike would be trekking in Nepal. I've been on a Himalaya kick lately. I've never been but I've been reading books and watching YouTube videos.

I prefer thinking in terms of dream hike(s).

I'd peddle the towpath rather than walk it.

My hikes are increasingly becoming a multi sport affair including paddling/yakking/pack rafting, cycling/bike packing mixed with hiking, mountaineering, climbing, spelunking, bush craft, and primitive survival.

Traveling across the entirety of OZ or from Terra del Fuego to AK hiking all the AK NP's sounds appealing over 2-3 yrs. If the Chinese gave me permission I'd like to thru the Great Wall Of China.

I peddled the tow path a few years ago great trip. No shelters great tenting/ hammock. Porta potties with toilet paper and blue goody smelling water. Pump water treated with iodine yuuuk... the exercise routine I've been following Shaun birch hyperfittness, travelled the great wall on ground fkt... sorry if I'm drifting, damn attention deficit....

Diversity the spice of life!!

Default Dream Hike?

One of the silk road routes.
    You can walk in another person's shoes, but only with your feet

Quote Originally Posted by JPritch View Post
    A thru of Te Araroa.
    I have little interest in thruhiking, but I think that would be it.

There's way too many out there to pick one, though.
    My "dream hike" is always the next big trip I'm planning.
    I just completed the plans for mine today, turning the original, much less ambitious and fairly easy one into something with way more mileage than I've ever done in a single outing(same time frame, >50% mileage increase)..
    It'll be quite manageable if I show up ready to bang, more of a test of manhood, if not. I don't need my manhood tested any more at this point, so will be training for it all summer.
    And to me, that's what a dream trip is-one I'll be anticipating and daydreaming about daily until it happens, and remembering forever, afterwards.
    Last edited by OwenM; 05-24-2019 at 00:50.

dream hike?

pack up, close door and never come back. just keep on hiking, sleeping at a different spot every night until i drop dead in my boots.

unfortunately i do not have enough money to realize that.
    happy trails
    lucky luke

I don’t really understand the concept of a “dream hike” . Many people who know me personally or who somehow end up sharing inspirations with me on social media seem to be amazed how much I can squeeze out of every day, week or month or life as we know it. Yet I have not stopped working full time .

One of my dreams that will come is to stop working full time or retire entirely. When it happens it will be only a matter of months before I will do my first of the big 3. But my list is far bigger than my time on this earth.

There is one dream I do not think I will fully realize. It is a dream of creating a new long distance hiking trail in central Europe that I have been pondering for a long time. I will probably realize hiking the route but I probably won’t realize promoting it as an official route with all the “condiments” it deserves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let me go

I have a new one every year, because I do my dream hikes most years.
    This year, it's the Kungsleden trail in Lapland Sweden and then a few hikes in the Republic of Georgia and the beautiful Caucasus mountains there. (I leave in 3 weeks)
    Next year, I'm looking at either the Alta Via 1 or 2 in the Dolomites OR possibly Kazahkstan. (did anyone see the movie "the rise of Gengis Khan? That movie was filmed in Kazahkstan, I fell in love with the scenery) (the girl is pretty hot too LOL)
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams

This is certainly an angle we all take on... thanks for naming it!! And Central Europe has beer, right?!

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Kobzol View Post
    I don’t really understand the concept of a “dream hike” . Many people who know me personally or who somehow end up sharing inspirations with me on social media seem to be amazed how much I can squeeze out of every day, week or month or life as we know it. Yet I have not stopped working full time .

One of my dreams that will come is to stop working full time or retire entirely. When it happens it will be only a matter of months before I will do my first of the big 3. But my list is far bigger than my time on this earth.

There is one dream I do not think I will fully realize. It is a dream of creating a new long distance hiking trail in central Europe that I have been pondering for a long time. I will probably realize hiking the route but I probably won’t realize promoting it as an official route with all the “condiments” it deserves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lucky luke View Post
    dream hike?

pack up, close door and never come back. just keep on hiking, sleeping at a different spot every night until i drop dead in my boots.

unfortunately i do not have enough money to realize that.
    Then maybe you should change your name, lol just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by chknfngrs View Post

What’s your dream Hike?
    That's great you can literally walk home! My DREAM trek - hiking to Mount Everest Base Camp. I have it on my bucket list. I don't have a big enough ego to climb Mount Everest but hiking to base camp would be pretty sweet!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++