WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Talking Looking for fellow female section hiker for adventures in SC/NC area

Hi! I just need a buddy for backpacking. I prefer another woman if it's somebody not in my circle already. I live in Myrtle Beach, SC so I'm interested in areas radiating out from there (SC, NC, TN, GA). I'd love to continue my effort to section hike the Mountains to Sea Trail, picking it back up at the Oconaluftee Visitor Center. I'd also enjoy other hikes in the smokies or other parks/forests of western NC. Another trail I'm interested in trying is the Great Eastern Trail. I like the idea of hiking less-congested trails. I also welcome suggestions!

Preferences: I like to plan on stopping a couple hours before dark, to have some downtime at camp for resting, reading, and pack-free exploring, versus hiking all day long every day.

Experience: My experiences include backpacking in Congaree National Forest and the Linville Gorge last summer. I've done some section hikes on the AT and C&O Canal (I grew up in Maryland). More recently, I just did a 4d/3n solo backpacking trip on the Mountains to Sea Trail, in the Smoky Mountains starting at Clingmans Dome. I completed ~26 miles (the elevation & terrain there are wicked). Just to give an idea of my skills & pace.

P.S. I also have a 16' kayak and would like to do some multi-day kayaking/camping excursions.

Images

Hi Tklp, I might be interested in joining you for something. I live in Maryland but am retired and able to travel. I'm considerably older so my pace might be a bit slower than yours but I usually get there. I also do fewer miles now than I once did, but am working on building that back up again now that I'm free to do more backpacking on a regular basis. Let me know what you have in mind.

One I've been thinking about doing soon is the 42-mile loop in Green Ridge State Forest in Western Maryland, and I see you're from Maryland originally. It's a loop using State Park/Forest trails and the C&O to make a loop. I'm thinking four days for that because I enjoy the camping as much as the hiking.

Becky

Hey, I'm a female in my 30s in NC, mainly go backpacking Sun-Wed due to my unusual work schedule. Would love to meet people to plan trips with, feel free to message me if you want to talk further...

Images

TKLP and Lostintheforest, I am considering hiking The Foothills Trail in SC/NC, maybe as soon as December of this year, so in just a few weeks perhaps. Any interest? I'd love the company. Plan a leisurely pace, enjoying the many waterfalls and views along the way - weather permitting. There are some great utube videos by others who have hiked this trail. I'd be interested in any other trail in the southern (warmer?) part of the southeast this winter, so let me know if you have a suggestion other than the Foothills Trail. Or a shorter trail if you only have 3-4 days. I'm retired and go at any time, around some holiday commitments. Surefoot

++ New Posts ++