WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default gossamer gear the two tent thoughts

So im thinking of upgrading from my big agnes mt glow tumble 1 tent to a gossamer gear the two tent for backpacking they are on sale for 300 bucks until the 12th anyone have any thoughts or opinions trying to pull the trigger saturday morning ill check back over coffee

I thought I read they use 7D fabric, that's insane to me, but double check this

they use 15d the whole thing is under two pounds my big agnes is 4.86 and its a tight one person

15D is better but still pretty light for a floor, I do really like the look of the Two, being able to open both doors and let the air blow through.

Leonidas

It was my 1st choice if I had decided to stay silnylon/silpoly. Decided to go dcf and get a duplex as knowing myself well enough, I would have eventually gone dcf for the weight savings. It is pretty similar to the SMD Lunar Duo which I used for several years, GG makes a good product and it should serve you well.
    AT: 695.7 mi
    Benton MacKaye Trail '20
    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'
    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/c/LeonidasontheTrail

I'm using The One on my AT thru. As far as the material, I don't have to baby it, but I do recommend using a ground cloth. While the floor is thicker than the walls/ceiling, I did end up getting two very small holes in it (patched with tenacious tape, no issues thus far).

You will, of course, run across condensation issues. But the tent dries quite quickly in the sun during lunch breaks.

The hikers I've talked to that have the Two really liked it. One was a solo hiker and it was like a palace for them, so spacious.

++ New Posts ++