WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Fight between hikers on Appalachian Trail in Bushkill Township prompts massive police

Fight between hikers on Appalachian Trail in Bushkill Township prompts massive police response  WFMZ Allentown

There were reports of hikers in an argument, with a gun involved.

More...

Default Fight between hikers on Appalachian Trail in Bushkill Township prompts massive police

Fight between hikers on Appalachian Trail in Bushkill Township prompts massive police response  69News WFMZ-TV

An incident prompted a massive police response to a stretch of the Appalachian Trail in Bushkill Township, Northampton County. It happened just before 3 p.m. on Tuesday. There were reports of hikers in an argument, with a gun involved. State and local police searched the area for the hikers on the ground, and a PSP helicopter searched from the sky. Hours later a trooper was seen holding a pistol allegedly connected to the incident, and others surrounding a man in handcuffs. The fight comes on the heels of an announcement from the Appalachian Trail Conservancy unveiling website upgrades. The...

More...

Fight between hikers on Appalachian Trail in Bushkill Township prompts massive police response  69News WFMZ-TV

An incident prompted a massive police response to a stretch of the Appalachian Trail in Bushkill Township, Northampton County. It happened just before 3 p.m. on Tuesday. There were reports of hikers in an argument, with a gun involved. State and local police searched the area for the hikers on the ground, and a PSP helicopter searched from the sky. Hours later a trooper was seen holding a pistol allegedly connected to the incident, and others surrounding a man in handcuffs. The fight comes on the heels of an announcement from the Appalachian Trail Conservancy unveiling website upgrades. The...

More...

Default Appalachian Trail confrontation: Pair with machete and axe meet man with gun, cops sa

Appalachian Trail confrontation: Pair with machete and axe meet man with gun, cops say  lehighvalleylive.com

Pennsylvania State Police responded, with a 2-mile hike and a helicopter monitoring the situation.

More...

Default Appalachian Trail confrontation: Pair with machete and axe meet man with gun, cops sa

Appalachian Trail confrontation: Pair with machete and axe meet man with gun, cops say  PennLive

Pennsylvania State Police responded, with a 2-mile hike and a helicopter monitoring the situation.

More...

I'm glad I hiked PA before crazy season started. This incident ended okay, but it does shows how when people start carrying weapons on the trail, a simple missunderstanding or preceived threat could sprial out of control, leading to death or injury.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

And I'm glad I finished the AT, period. I have a family member who never fails to email these stories. These incidents don't deter me from hiking, however. But I do try to avoid hikers doing drugs and alcohol and "confrontational" situations. I find the trail, whatever trail, infinitely more serene than the mall on Black Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    I'm glad I hiked PA before crazy season started. This incident ended okay, but it does shows how when people start carrying weapons on the trail, a simple missunderstanding or preceived threat could sprial out of control, leading to death or injury.
    +1..........Word check?

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    "Crazy Season". You nailed it

Momma always said, "There's crazies out there." She wasn't kidding.

Looks like a misunderstanding and over reaction due to the recent murder of Stronghold.
    ./~Hi ho, hi ho, it's up the trail I go ./~

Looks more like a Three Stooges concept, "Lets give any three idiots off the street some weapons and see how long they go before they are tackled by police". Box office gold.

Journal Entries

Geez, all dem rocks in Pennsylvania....bad enough, now we have to deal gun toting hikers! Sure hope this guy had a justifiable reason to pull a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Looks more like a Three Stooges concept, "Lets give any three idiots off the street some weapons and see how long they go before they are tackled by police". Box office gold.
    Yes.... ........

++ New Posts ++