WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Shuttles

Default Shuttles

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a person that does shuttles from Grand Marais up to the 270 Overlook. I am on my way up to Grand Marais today and need a very last minute ride. I have been booked with Harriet Quarles for a month and last night while at work I received a text from her canceling my shuttle so she could pick someone up at the Duluth airport. I called Clean Ride Taxi/Shuttle Service and the guy was unpleasant and quoted me $250 for the 34 mile drive. (Heck of a start for a thru hike, yes?)

I’m thinking of calling a few outfitters in GM and seeing if one of their employees wants to make a few extra bucks, that always works on the AT, unless someone here has a name or suggestion.

Thanks

The SHTA used to run a shuttle, daily(?), between many of the trailheads. Have you tried to contact them?
    Lonehiker (MRT '22)

Unfortunately, that shuttle runs on limited days and only as far north as Grand Marais. BUT, giving a call to the SHTA is a great idea. I will pick their brains a bit. Thanks.

Thank heavens for our local outfitters. Grand Marais’ Stone Harbor Wilderness Supply to the rescue! Bess, the GM was fantastic to talk to, and after helping me out even confirmed that I knew the details of the start (the out and back and closest camping spot). A true trail angel if there ever was one.

As a FYI, since I don’t see this info out there too much, I planned this trip around a Tuesday because there is a $10 shuttle each way between Grand Marais and Duluth with Arrowhead every Tuesday. It is an amazing deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Prov View Post
    Unfortunately, that shuttle runs on limited days and only as far north as Grand Marais. BUT, giving a call to the SHTA is a great idea. I will pick their brains a bit. Thanks.
    So they have really cut back the shuttle service. I took the shuttle to the northern terminus from Two Harbors for something like $90 but it has been a few years ago.
    Lonehiker (MRT '22)

++ New Posts ++