Default Money method to carry money

What is the ways that you carry money and credit cards-billfold or what

Ziploc bag, small waterproof pouch, or a minimalist wallet are methods that I have used.

I use this to secure inside my pack:
    https://zpacks.com/products/stick-on-key-zip-pouch

I can detach it, and have a shock cord necklace attached to the loops so I can wear it while in town etc...
    While searching for that unknown edge in life, never forget to look home. For the greatest edge you can find in life is to stand in the protective shadow of those who love you.

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

When I flew to California to hike the JMT, decided to get the Chums wallet: https://www.rei.com/product/132960/c...fshorts-wallet
    The reasons I selected this wallet is that it has two zipper compartments, with one of them having a clear window for your ID. The side with your ID has a small separator. I've found it very handy to place credit cards/insurance cards in one compartment and my ID, cash, and even a little change in the compartment behind the ID. Since the compartments are zippered, there's no fear of anything falling out, and it comes with a key ring to clip the wallet if you desire.

Quote Originally Posted by HooKooDooKu View Post
    When I flew to California to hike the JMT, decided to get the Chums wallet: https://www.rei.com/product/132960/c...fshorts-wallet
    The reasons I selected this wallet is that it has two zipper compartments, with one of them having a clear window for your ID. The side with your ID has a small separator. I've found it very handy to place credit cards/insurance cards in one compartment and my ID, cash, and even a little change in the compartment behind the ID. Since the compartments are zippered, there's no fear of anything falling out, and it comes with a key ring to clip the wallet if you desire.
    I like this one as well. I use it for everyday usage. The only thing I've done to it is switch out the key split-ring for a small carabiner.
    Time is but the stream I go afishin' in.
    Thoreau

Leonidas

Carbon fiber money clip, I EDC it in normal life as well.
    AT: 471 mi

Pinhoti Trail: 254 mi

@leonidasonthetrail

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

In a baggie in a zippered pocket of my pants

In a baggy in a buttoned pocket of my shirt, or zippered pocket of my pants, or zippered pocket of my pack, depending on what I'm wearing.

Debit card, credit card, ID (drivers license), health insurance card & cash (no coin)
    In a snack-sized zip-lock with car key (no other keys).
    Kept in the bottom of my pack (bottom of the trash-compactor bag) with first aid & fix kits.
    On the morning of town days (or last day) the zip lock comes out.

GA-ME 2011
    Images

I use a fishing license holder that looks like this: https://www.amazon.com/Passport-Hold...ateway&sr=8-12
    I keep it tied to my belt loop and in my pocket that way it can't get lost (unless I loose my pants!). Also on the lanyard are a Photon light and Swiss Classic knife.
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

Images

I bought a ZPacks wallet for $10.00. I ditched (donated to Goodwill) my everyday wallet in favor of using this. I'll use it on the trail as well. I am trying to wean myself away from plastic bags as much as possible, even if it costs me a little money up front.
    Long-distance aspirations with short-distance feet.... :jump

Images

I got a Zpacks wallet years ago, use it every day. Cards, cash, ID. Still in great shape. I have the tiny one, barely larger than a credit card, but for future use I might get the next size up.

More expensive than a ziplock sandwich bag, but lasts forever.
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

++ New Posts ++