WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: New stove

Default New stove

I'm heading out next week on an easy, three day backpacking/camping trip and I thought I'd take an alcohol stove this time. I have a box of homemade alchy stoves . . . everything from the simple cat stove with the two rows of punched holes like Skurka used to use to jetted stoves made from aluminum stadium beer bottles to homemade "Fancee Feest" stoves and even a "penny stove" from Tinny at Mini Bull Designs that doesn't use a penny to cover the fill hole but uses a threaded thumbscrew.

When I was organizing my stuff for the trip I couldn't find my box of stoves. I saw Zelph just announced a $16 deal on his Fancee Feest stove which included a fill bottle and one ounce measuring cup with $4 shipping so I thought, why not.

it looks almost exactly like my homemade version but he must have some magic mojo because I could never quite get two cups to boil on 1/2 ounce of alcohol whereas, his did it in about 6 minutes 20 seconds and burned for almost another full minute.

So, here's my burning question: What do you think Zelph does with all the cat food?

Perhaps he donates to a local animal shelter and they return the cans.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

He may get them from boxes of old stoves that our wives send to him to clean out our junk?

Images

I give some to a friend that gives it to a friend that has 4 dogs that will eat it no problem. Also give some to the local animal shelters for rescued animals, they are always in need of donations. I give the shelters cans of food, they empty them and save the cans for me and I pick them up once a week.

A BigThank you goes out to all the many good folks out there that have purchased a FF. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    I give some to a friend that gives it to a friend that has 4 dogs that will eat it no problem. Also give some to the local animal shelters for rescued animals, they are always in need of donations. I give the shelters cans of food, they empty them and save the cans for me and I pick them up once a week.

A BigThank you goes out to all the many good folks out there that have purchased a FF. :-)
    Does the Starlyte come from a previously used container?

Images

Starlyte stove are made from New containers.

Quote Originally Posted by orthofingers View Post
    ... What do you think Zelph does with all the cat food?
    If you visit Zelph's home... don't eat the hor d'ouvres!

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Images

Fancy Feast Fridays, hor d'ourves, main course and desserts.

++ New Posts ++