WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Images

Default has anybody seen cement sneakers

has anyone seen cementsneakers he started monday neo

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/show...9955&catid=578

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">He's stuck! </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    He's stu

Images

Quote Originally Posted by lobster
    <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">He's stuck!

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    He's stu
    stuck were neo

Images

my buddy and fellow whiteblazer sneakers just called me from blairsville ga,he is doing fine,except he had to get a new pack at neals gap,the sixmoon designs comet pack few apart on day 2. neo

Images

one thing for sure,sneakers is a heck of a lot nicer person than minnesota smith neo

Images

my buddy sneakers called me from the blue berry patch hostel in ga today
    still taking his time but still hiking,way to go sneakers neo

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/...65&userid=3462

he is doing fine,except he had to get a new pack at neals gap,the sixmoon designs comet pack few apart on day 2.
    I wonder what the problem was. If it was abused and/or overloaded or was a product defect?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sly
    I wonder what the problem was. If it was abused and/or overloaded or was a product defect?
    it was a brand new pack,he got it a week before his hike,he carried a gregory z pack when we did a 65 mile hike in 3 and a half days last month
    i advised him frameless rucks are lighter,but not for everyone,not sure how he packed it neo

Images

Neo,

Tell Sneakers hello for me and wish him well.
    Turtle2

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle2
    Neo,

Tell Sneakers hello for me and wish him well.
    he made it to winding stair gap,his over the 100 mile mark,way ta go john neo

Images

go sneakers go,turtle2 says hi,me and the wife are cheering ya on neo

Images

my buddy sneakers gotta new trail name,he called me from NOC today
    he goes by nsom newyork state of mind,anyway i am glad he is doing great
    only a couple of us on white blaze know john,me and turtle2 neo

Images

my buddy sneakers emailed me from fontana today
    i know he will make it, neo

Hi All:

I'd love to answer each and everyone op your emAils, but I'm on a pay
    for internet service that is the pits.

To answer some o f your questions. For the most part, I am hiking
    alone, but share the shelters with most of the same people. Missing most
    of the storms, but the forcast is rain here Sunday and that will mean
    snow in the mountains. Since we will have a 3 thousand foot gain,
    chances are we will have snow. We are starting the Smokeys Sunday and
    expect to be at Clingmans Dome about Tuesday or Wednesday.

I just purchased enough food for a week. Should be enough to get me
    through the Smokeys.

I have taken many pictures and can't wait to share them with you.
    I'll have to get them online some time.

Regards,

John

Images

my buddy and fellow whiteblazer is in gatlinberg today neo

Rick,

Cold, yes, it has been cold! We had a rain, sleet, and snow storm two days ago. I stopped at a shelter and spent the rest of the day and night there. Some of the young ones went on. For what? Seven more miles out of 2100. I decided this was going to be fun and fun it has been for the most part. I'm not taking any unnecessary chances.

Last night, we had another cold ice storm. It was below 20 degrees, but I was warm and snug in my sleeping bag. Hiked over clingman's Dome yesterday and hiked to the highway for Gatlinburg today. Got lucky, a fellow from my hometown picked us up and drove us the fifteen miles into town.

Spending the night in a hotel here and will leave for the trail in the A.M. Three more days and I'll be out of the Smokies.

Regards,

John

me and my whiteblazin buddy cement sneakers

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/...imageuser=3462

fellow whiteblazer turtle2 and sneakers

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/...imageuser=3462

Are we going to get daily updates on this guy for his entire hike?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by sdoownek
    Are we going to get daily updates on this guy for his entire hike?
    hi sdoownek thanks for the nice email you sent neo

Given your inability to clearly express your thoughts, the
    incompleteness of your "responses", and the trollfactor, I'm starting to wonder if
    you're an ignorant; you just like the attention that you get from
    posting like one; you're a child, or if you're just plain old stump*****
    stupid.

If you were never educated, then you have an excuse and I would
    understand your compulsion to respond in a passive agressive manner. Short
    quips don't express ideas, they are opinions without supporting fact.

If you're just simply attracting attention, then congratulations,
    you've spurred me into responding.

If you're truly a child, then I strongly suggest that you correct your
    "age" from the 47 as listed currently to your acutal age.

If you're just plain old stump**** stupid, well, then you probably
    haven't read this far.

I know this message won't change your posting behaviour, but I thought
    I might try to express the fact that you're not creating friends

if ya dont like it dont read it,he is good friend and whiteblazer,just cheering him on neo
    Last edited by neo; 03-22-2006 at 21:14.

I sent you that email, in private, so that you wouldn't have to look like an idiot in public. I don't know why, but you fail to appreciate the fact that your only means of establishing any manner of intelligence in this medium is through the written statements that we share. If your responses are riddled with grammatical mistakes, why should other people undergo the painful experience of reading them, especially when you’re posting messages that, self-admittedly, a minuscule minority are interested in reading?

I dun rite lke dis b/c its painfull 2 red it. wut make U dffrent that U shud B abel 2 do dis all time?

I am not suggesting that you write the Kings English(sic), so don't confuse the issue. At the very least, take the time to spell check your posts. I realize that it’s far beyond reasonability to suggest anything more.

However:
    "his over the 100 mile mark"
    "gatlinberg"
    "my buddy sneakers gotta new trail name"
    "the sixmoon designs comet pack few apart on day 2"
    I'm not even sure what you meant by that last one. Those are just examples on *this* page of this thread. I stand behind what I sent you in a private communication. I didn't post anything here, in (failed) hopes that you would respond in kind.

To close; if you are comfortable with the appearance of being an idiot, then say so and I'll never address the issue again.

Thanks

Images

I sent you that email, in private, so that you wouldn't have to look like an idiot in public. I don't know why, but you fail to appreciate the fact that your only means of establishing any manner of intelligence in this medium is through the written statements that we share. If your responses are riddled with grammatical mistakes, why should other people undergo the painful experience of reading them, especially when you’re posting messages that, self-admittedly, a minuscule minority are interested in reading?

I dun rite lke dis b/c its painfull 2 red it. wut make U dffrent that U shud B abel 2 do dis all time?

I am not suggesting that you write the Kings English(sic), so don't confuse the issue. At the very least, take the time to spell check your posts. I realize that it’s far beyond reasonability to suggest anything more.

However:

I'm not even sure what you meant by that last one. Those are just examples on *this* page of this thread. I stand behind what I sent you in a private communication. I didn't post anything here, in (failed) hopes that you would respond in kind.

To close; if you are comfortable with the appearance of being an idiot, then say so and I'll never address the issue again.

Thanks
    ok buddy,i am a hillbilly,besides i did that yall,wuz,as a joke,i joke a lot neo

Wow.
    I understood the first six words of your response. After that, it started to fall apart. What does "I did that y'all was as a joke" mean?

However, I have the cognitive ability to understand that what you're trying to say is "Yes, I'm an uneducated hillbilly and don't know how to employ proper grammar or the written word. I'll cover up my ignorance by saying that a lot of my responses are based in humor."

In doing some reading on this site, I realize now that you are at a distinct disadvantage for cognitive ability and continued education given the life and brain altering choices that you've made in the past. I am fortunate enough to be able to drink and recognize my limits, so while I don't fully understand your compulsion to drink yourself stupid, I congratulate you on your current state of being sober.

As promised, I'll leave this issue alone from now on.

So, moving on, I ask that you answer this:
    Do you recognize that your extemporaneous preaching in regards to hammock use in every single thread is, in reality, useless, as it is based in an emotional response that contains no factual basis?

While I suspect that your initial response will be either a simple "yes" or "no", I also ask that you post the reasoning behind your answer. History will lead me to circumvent your reliance on "humor" as an excuse for your behavior. Your off-topic posts are, in fact, not funny and quite annoying. To have to read your unrelated interjections might have been interesting for the first 238 times. Now, it's just......tired. Please reconsider.

Images

Wow.
    I understood the first six words of your response. After that, it started to fall apart. What does "I did that y'all was as a joke" mean?

However, I have the cognitive ability to understand that what you're trying to say is "Yes, I'm an uneducated hillbilly and don't know how to employ proper grammar or the written word. I'll cover up my ignorance by saying that a lot of my responses are based in humor."

In doing some reading on this site, I realize now that you are at a distinct disadvantage for cognitive ability and continued education given the life and brain altering choices that you've made in the past. I am fortunate enough to be able to drink and recognize my limits, so while I don't fully understand your compulsion to drink yourself stupid, I congratulate you on your current state of being sober.

As promised, I'll leave this issue alone from now on.

So, moving on, I ask that you answer this:
    Do you recognize that your extemporaneous preaching in regards to hammock use in every single thread is, in reality, useless, as it is based in an emotional response that contains no factual basis?

While I suspect that your initial response will be either a simple "yes" or "no", I also ask that you post the reasoning behind your answer. History will lead me to circumvent your reliance on "humor" as an excuse for your behavior. Your off-topic posts are, in fact, not funny and quite annoying. To have to read your unrelated interjections might have been interesting for the first 238 times. Now, it's just......tired. Please reconsider.
    ok,maybe i flunked english in high school lol neo

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++