WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default backpacking buddy

looking for someone to do some backpacking with. i'm 62 years old, a male, retired and live in middle Tennessee. male or female doesn't matter to me.

Default Hiking Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by needlefish View Post
    looking for someone to do some backpacking with. i'm 62 years old, a male, retired and live in middle Tennessee. male or female doesn't matter to me.
    I am 67 year old male and live in Murfreesboro. I have done several sections of the AT and looking to do more. I do not hike real fast but I eventually get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tate View Post
    I am 67 year old male and live in Murfreesboro. I have done several sections of the AT and looking to do more. I do not hike real fast but I eventually get there.
    Hi Mark, I just got home from an RV camping trip and seen your post i'll PM you

Images

I am 62, not a high mileage hiker anymore. Have done most of the A.T. from S. Va south. Still have 2 sections to fill in. Planning on a 90 mile section in early Oct. from Clingmans Dome S. to Winding Stair Gap. Planning on 9ish days to complete this. Hiked with a guy out of Ill. last year. Let me know if ur interested.
    The Way I Get To Where I'm Going Is To Walk Away From Where I've Been.

Pooh

Quote Originally Posted by hiker37691 View Post
    I am 62, not a high mileage hiker anymore. Have done most of the A.T. from S. Va south. Still have 2 sections to fill in. Planning on a 90 mile section in early Oct. from Clingmans Dome S. to Winding Stair Gap. Planning on 9ish days to complete this. Hiked with a guy out of Ill. last year. Let me know if ur interested.
    i'm not sure if I can commit to 9 days at this time. but when your designated date gets closer please let me know.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by needlefish View Post
    I'm looking at possibly hiking the 77 mile Foothills Trail in SC/NC. Maybe as soon as December, so in just a few weeks. Interested? I'm a 62 yo female, also retired. Easy to moderate pace. No time constraints, Explore some of the side trails that lead to views and waterfalls. Finish when we finish. Looks like there are some really cool campsites. Plenty of water along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Surefoot92 View Post
    I'm looking at possibly hiking the 77 mile Foothills Trail in SC/NC. Maybe as soon as December, so in just a few weeks. Interested? I'm a 62 yo female, also retired. Easy to moderate pace. No time constraints, Explore some of the side trails that lead to views and waterfalls. Finish when we finish. Looks like there are some really cool campsites. Plenty of water along the way.
    Hi Surefoot92, thank- you for the offer but i'm unable to do it at this time. but in the future if you're interested in doing a hike please contact me. sorry it took me a while to reply i did not see your response to my post.

needlefish,

I live in Nolensville. I am 58 and try to get out when I can. I am retiring in 6 months so I hope to get out more! I do overnights in Savage Gulf as well as a couple multi day hikes (Big South Fork, Joyce Kilmer, etc) when possible. I have done the AT up to Virginia, Colorado, Wyoming, North Carolina, etc so I have experience on the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Garlic Guy View Post
    needlefish,

I live in Nolensville. I am 58 and try to get out when I can. I am retiring in 6 months so I hope to get out more! I do overnights in Savage Gulf as well as a couple multi day hikes (Big South Fork, Joyce Kilmer, etc) when possible. I have done the AT up to Virginia, Colorado, Wyoming, North Carolina, etc so I have experience on the trail.
    hello garlic guy ,i love hiking big south fork! please hit me up when you want to do an overnighter! sent you a PM.
    Last edited by needlefish; 11-29-2019 at 07:19.

Sounds good. Hoping to get out at least once a month over the winter. PM Sent.

Images

I'm in Mid TN. I hike a lot, Radnor, Warner Parks, Savage Gulf, AT at least once per month. Thru hiking starting late Feb 2020.

++ New Posts ++