WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: returning to AT

Images

Default returning to AT

I recently hiked a section of the AT in Tenn/NC. I had a great time. I would recommend to all backpackers to vette the folks to which they are backpacking with. i am returning again in the spring for another section hike, with seasoned hikers, the last trip one of the group had a meltdown and jeopardized the trip! I am looking for advice for a 100 mile section with moderate elevation changes, please advise.

Journal Entries

Shenandoah is about 100 miles, and moderate in difficulty. Or you could just start where you left off on the last trip.

Quote Originally Posted by illabelle View Post
    Shenandoah is about 100 miles, and moderate in difficulty. Or you could just start where you left off on the last trip.
    Great suggestion!
    Termite fart so much they are responsible for 3% of global methane emissions.

Which section did you hike last year? From I-40 (Davenport Gap) NOBO all the way to Hampton,TN is a very beautiful section. It's about 187 miles with lots of places to start/stop and shuttles.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........
    Travel not for the destination, but for the joy of the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    Which section did you hike last year? From I-40 (Davenport Gap) NOBO all the way to Hampton,TN is a very beautiful section. It's about 187 miles with lots of places to start/stop and shuttles.
    DG to Erwin is 104 miles.
    Also FYI, I-40 is NOT Davenport Gap, they're 2 miles apart. (I had to argue with an ignorant shuttle driver once on this fact.)

++ New Posts ++