Default FT Jan thru hike

Anyone on this forum planning a thru hike this year? Curious as to what kind of traffic i will see out there. Would be nice to hike with some others.

Me-AT,LT,PCT,CDT and a few others
    AT, Long Trail, Loyalsock Trail, Art Loeb Trail, Cranberry Lake 50, Foothills Trail, PCT, CDT, Uinta Highline Trail, Lone Star Trail, Oregon Coast Trail, Sheltowee Trace Trail, BMT, AZT

My suspicion is the traffic might be light as parts of the trail are still being brought back up to par from the damage done during Hurricane Michael. I'd be happy to be wrong.

The big stuff has been taken care of making the section I volunteer on passable as far as I know. We are still mowing and clearing to make it more hiker friendly though.

Default Hi Perry

Quote Originally Posted by perrymk View Post
    My suspicion is the traffic might be light as parts of the trail are still being brought back up to par from the damage done during Hurricane Michael. I'd be happy to be wrong.

The big stuff has been taken care of making the section I volunteer on passable as far as I know. We are still mowing and clearing to make it more hiker friendly though.
    Hi Perry, do you know how much of the Ecofina creek section is clear?

it has been a bad year for Florida hikers with all the blow downs. the lower Ochlocknee hasn't been cleared in some spots and is only passable by kayak and maybe canoe. I know NWFWMD is probably different than Nat'l forests and state parks but some of them I have checked out make me believe that there is some stalling going on to receive more funds. there is one near my home that 2 guys with a decent size trailer and chain saws could probably be cleared and reopened in a day, maybe a day and a half.

which section do you help maintain?

thanks.

creek.

Quote Originally Posted by Creek View Post
    Hi Perry, do you know how much of the Ecofina creek section is clear?
    Don't know, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Creek View Post
    which section do you help maintain?
    The section leader of the group I volunteer with is responsible for about 35 miles of trail on the west side of the Apalachicola National Forest. Using the Guthook FT app this is roughly mm 240-275, (CR12 - Ochlocknee River). I was hiking the section around the Jewel Trailhead (CR67) this past weekend and while it needs maintenance, it was certainly passable and had adequate blazing. I managed 20 minute miles with no problem. Our more recent work has been around the Savannah Trailhead (CR12).
    Last edited by perrymk; 08-20-2019 at 07:40.

++ New Posts ++