Quote Originally Posted by Utah Hikes View Post
Twisted, Curious to know what brand-model 65L pack you use and whether you orient your BV vertically or horizontally, and is it just above your sleeping bag/quilt/spares clothes? I'm currently using a GG Crown 2. I'm thinking it will allow the BV to be packed horizontally. But that's TBD.
Very inexpensive pack, it's The North Face Terra 65 litter. The pack is a little heavy compared to some of the pack choices but it suits my needs. Sleeping bag goes in the bottom compartment, then the tent goes in the main compartment oriented horizontally and my sleeping bag liner gets stuffed in between the tent and back of the pack. This creates a flat floor in the bottom of the main compartment and the BV 500 goes in vertically. This leaves two long cylinders of space down each side of the canister. Inflatable sleep pad on one side, stuff sack of clothes on the other. Rain gear in the top/lid compartment. I haven't done a long/thru hike yet but I've done some two night trips close to home to shake down for my 2020 AT thru and so far I'm happy with this set up. I have to take the bear canister out to get to my tent but it makes a nice table/chair while I'm setting up camp.