WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Uinta Highland Trail

Planning on flying into Salt Lake City Sept 13th. Greyhound to Vernal on the 14th, resupply,fuel, and hitch up to trail head.

Anyone have any exp or input? Debating on micro spikes but pretty sure I wont need them. Any info on the best GPS map method would be great. Taking physical maps and compass as well. If anyone wants to tag along, bring it.
    AT, Long Trail, Loyalsock Trail, Art Loeb Trail, Cranberry Lake 50, Foothills Trail, PCT, CDT, Uinta Highline Trail, Lone Star Trail, Oregon Coast Trail, Sheltowee Trace Trail, BMT, AZT

I did the Uinta Highline Trail in 2018 in July. No need for micro-spikes but watch the weather as snow is possible and probable in September; Wyoming's Bighorn mountains just got snow over the weekend.

I used my phone GPS map a few times on the trail as there are a few locations where you are cairn-hunting...and can't see the next cairn. The Trails Illustrated map is very good but the trail is mostly marked well with little route-finding except for the above.

My trip report for the trail is here if you'd like to read it: https://nomadicpawprints.wordpress.c...y-2018-part-1/

Happy to answer any questions you have.

++ New Posts ++