WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Journal Entries

How much does the light heart duo weigh?

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnacraft View Post
    I haven't used it, but it's earned a reputation as a good value, especially for one person.

It's on the small side for two people, though (especially if either of you are taller than 5' 10" or so) - 43" width and 83" length, with a 4-5" bathtub height. By comparison, many popular double wall tents are 52-54" wide at the head (narrowing to ~42" at the foot), and 88-90" long. (The Duplex is 45" x 90".)
    He's over 6 foot. We sleep head to foot in the tent, just makes sense. So the width isn't too bad. Gotta have that length though if I'm going to fit him in there lol

Journeyman Journeyer
    Images

Something else to look at is the Tarptent MoTrail. Under $300 and weights just 34 oz for a two person tent. https://www.tarptent.com/product/motrail/#tab-id-2

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by grubbster View Post
    Something else to look at is the Tarptent MoTrail. Under $300 and weights just 34 oz for a two person tent. https://www.tarptent.com/product/motrail/#tab-id-2
    Lots of their stuff is on back order. I'm liking these options more and more though.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    How much does the light heart duo weigh?
    2lbs 4oz. and it uses your trekking poles to go up. it is also 100" long.

Just my opinion but I believe the Tarptent Moment DW is one of the most perfect tents for 1P. It’s roomy, double walled, awesome ventilation, dual doors, can be set up in the pouring rain without the inner getting weight and comes in at just a hair over 2lbs. There’s a few vids on YT that showcase its features.

Very large for one person, at 35" wide floor - and it says it can be expanded to 40" wide, so it can accommodate two people in a pinch using 20" wide sleeping pads; The Stratospire 1 by Tarptent. Two doors, two huge vestibules.
    https://www.tarptent.com/product/str...re-1/#tab-id-2

$325, ~38 oz.

I've said it before, I'll say it again; If 10, 15, or 20 D fabrics were durable and/or reliable, companies like Tarptent and Lightheart Gear would be using them. They don't. They use 30D fabric. I have to assume that they have discovered that the lighter fabrics are not durable enough. If the tent fabric fails, their reputations go down the drain, they go out of business.
    Some generic company having tents made in China is probably not as concerned about customer service as the two companies I mentioned above.
    The Lanshan 2 "looks" like a good deal, but I don't know if I'd trust it for a thru hike or to have any significant durability.
    Last edited by MtDoraDave; 08-23-2019 at 07:10.

Journal Entries

Alright so after much debate between this and the Andake 1 person tent, I decided to go with the Mier version of the Lanshan. It will get me out backpacking this month, before my big hike during which I will be using a z-packs duplex. In the meanwhile I save for an actual high quality tent. I will have everything I really need by the end of next week now other than a filter which I can pick up a sawyer squeeze from walmart right before I go. Won't have a stove yet either but Sweetfish will cover that for the 100 mile wilderness. Thanks for everyone's input. Hopefully I can pick up a z packs or free standing Tarptent set up by the end of the winter before I do the Cohos Trail solo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++