WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Uber for Presidential Traverse?

I would like to spend some time in the presidential range next summer, and was wondering about the availability of Uber rides to the northern trailheads from southern parking areas around Crawford Notch. Are they readily available or not so common?

Journal Entries

Not sure. Crawford notch does not have cell service. AMC has a shuttle, the thumb works well there too.

Lol. I tried to get an uber last friday after Moats Traverse and the Uber app said “no cars available”

P.S. Moats are between North Conway and Bartlett

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let me go

In order for there to be ride share services there has to be a viable market. There isnt one in the whites in general as there isnt enough demand so the drivers eat the return trips. There could be some possibility that someone is giving it a try in the North Conway area but I expect they will limit their range.

There are several standard shuttle services in the area and several "unofficial" services that tend to be word of mouth as they run without insurance. The AMC shuttle is inconvenient for most hikers as the schedule is designed to line up with hut visitors.

Hitching a Presi Traverse usually requires four hitches, RT 302 to Rt 3, Rt 3 to RT 115, RT 115 to RT 2and RT 2 to Appalachia.

BTW, no one really lives near Crawford Notch, the closest homes are in Twin Mountain.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post

Hitching a Presi Traverse usually requires four hitches, RT 302 to Rt 3, Rt 3 to RT 115, RT 115 to RT 2and RT 2 to Appalachia.

Why hitch in that direction? 302>Rt 16 (as easy as 302>3), then the second would be RT 16 to AT (or more northerly approach to Madison trailhead if one wanted to take a more direct route).

++ New Posts ++