WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    where i am now, which might not be where i am tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Analog_Kidd View Post
    One of the problems with hurricanes is the storm surge. If the water rises above your pool, or your bathtub, it gets contaminated with sewage, and chemicals like motor oil from flooded cars. Most of our filters can't handle that. Packaged water will last they that.

When we lived in FL, we had pre cut plywood stored in a hanger in the carport. Our camping gear was always at the ready, including our water storage containers. People were scrambling to buy generators, we would be buying gas for our lantern and Coleman stove.
    huh?????? proofread...

This is a scary time for your Florida neighbors, and soon your coastal Georgia and Carolina neighbors. It’s easy to look at Florida man and see the faults, but I did everything ok, and it’s still going to be ruff. I’m glad for my hikers sense , but I’d rather be facing an approaching lightning storm on a peak than be in my comfy bed right now.

Glad I've got my hiking supplies, have boarded and sand bagged, hope the storm skirts the coast. A direct hit will be hard on me and my friends and neighbors.

Best to all.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffordbarnabus View Post
    huh?????? proofread...
    Ha, you got me. Not sure what I was even trying to say now. I was using my cell, and spell check helped me out. Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Analog_Kidd View Post
    Ha, you got me. Not sure what I was even trying to say now. I was using my cell, and spell check helped me out. Sorry about that.
    Perhaps Packaged water will last THROUGH that? That would make sense

Quote Originally Posted by kestral View Post
    This is a scary time for your Florida neighbors, and soon your coastal Georgia and Carolina neighbors. It’s easy to look at Florida man and see the faults, but I did everything ok, and it’s still going to be ruff. I’m glad for my hikers sense , but I’d rather be facing an approaching lightning storm on a peak than be in my comfy bed right now.

Glad I've got my hiking supplies, have boarded and sand bagged, hope the storm skirts the coast. A direct hit will be hard on me and my friends and neighbors.

Best to all.

My my brother liver in Melbourne he has bin very busy helping neighbors get ready .

Images

This country is just three failed delivery days away from total anarchy.
    “For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
    the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier

Quote Originally Posted by imscotty View Post
    This country is just three failed delivery days away from total anarchy.
    So say all the preppers...
    Trail Name - Slapshot
    "One step at a time."
    Blog - www.tonysadventure.com

And the members of the LDS church as they need to have 1 years stock of food. https://www.learnreligions.com/food-...at-how-2159413

Great deals on bulk dehydrated food of late, preppers tend to be Trump supporters so they feel safer as "their guy" is in office so they don't buy as much inventory. Preppers tend to be on the low end of the economy and when the economy is rough they tend to stock up thinking that their personal situation is reflective of society in general. The economy is booming so less of a driver to stock up. Long term preppers have to rotate their inventory and for many novices, eating survival food near the end of its shelf life to keep the food rotated is when they decide that things are not going to get that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post
    ..Trump supporters so they feel safer as "their guy" is in office so they don't buy as much inventory.
    You can't fix stupid but maybe a CAT 5 can....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++