Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
By my reading of the actual Order all three classes of e-bikes are considered equivalent, and all three classes will be allowed on exiting bike trails.

Not sure why/how some could read the actual order differently. Am I missing something?

Excerpt from Order her:

Sec. 4 Policy. Consistent with governing laws and regulations:

a) For the purpose ofthis Order, "e-bikes" shall mean "low-speed electric bicycle" asdefined by 15 U.S.C. § 2085 and falling within one ofthe following classifications:

i) "Class 1 electric bicycle" shall mean an electric bicycle equipped with a motor that provides assistance only when the rider is pedaling, and that ceases to provide assistance when the bicycle reaches the speed of 20 miles per hour;

ii) "Class 2 electric bicycle" shall mean an electric bicycle equipped with a motor that may be used exclusively to propel the bicycle, and that is not capable of providing assistance when the bicycle reaches the speed of 20 miles per hour; and

iii) "Class 3 electric bicycle" shall mean an electric bicycle equipped with a motor that provides assistance only when the rider is pedaling, and that ceases to provide assistance when the bicycle reaches the speed of28 miles per hour.

b) E-bikes shall be allowed where other types ofbicycles are allowed; and

c) E-bikes shall not be allowed where other types of bicycles are prohibited.

Full text of Order here:

https://www.doi.gov/sites/doi.gov/fi...kes_-508_0.pdf
Translation, the EBike industry got to an Interior Department that is openly anti environment, under the dubious guise of helping people with disabilities. I suspect this rule was quietly moved through the comment process with as little notice as possible.