WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Hiker Hut (Rangely ME) Season...

Question.... we will be rolling through there around Sept 15th, best guess arriving on the 15th, a Sunday...

Guthook and AWOL both say "open May 15-Sept 15", not sure if that refers to the massage therapist, as it's mentioned right after that reference.... Are we out of luck if we arrive on the 15th? Trying to decide where to mail a resupply box to in that area.

Any help appreciated.

Can you call them and find out? maybe the 15th is a firm date and maybe it isn't.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    Can you call them and find out? maybe the 15th is a firm date and maybe it isn't.
    I did contact them, and they said someone would "probably be there", meaning we cannot count on them being there, alas. I guess Sept 15 IS their unofficial closing date, which is weird, because there should be lots and lots of NOBO's finishing up around then (about 3 weeks left to Katahdin).

Guess you'll just have to use the PO or one of motels. Rangely has a real supermarket, so unless you need something special, really no need for a package there.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    Guess you'll just have to use the PO or one of motels. Rangely has a real supermarket, so unless you need something special, really no need for a package there.
    There is also a "new" hostel closer into town.
    The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
    Richard Ewell, CSA General

++ New Posts ++