A 65-pound mountain lion bit Pike Carlson in the head and dragged him down a hill near his Bailey home. The 8-year-old knew he had to fight back.
“I was just punching, trying to grab anything that I can, like a stick,” Pike said. “I did find a stick and I tried to get it in the eye but soon the stick snapped.”

See the story here or elsewhere. He was VERY lucky...

https://www.9news.com/article/news/l...7-397b4935a7af

In 2010, I was on the CT, way east above Breckenridge high on a ridge. I looked down and saw a large mountain lion paw print in the dust. WHOA! Then I saw a guy on a mountain bike riding towards me. I yelled, "Hey, look at THIS!" pointing down. He stopped and said, "Man, that's a big one!" I said, "Yeah... I'll trade you my pack for your bike." He said, "No way," jumped on the bike and sped away. I felt eyes on me all the rest of the day. I did not make it to Breck that night and ended up camping on one of the numerous switchbacks. I awoke suddenly in the middle of the night to the sound of a stick snapping, nearby. Adrenaline raced through my body like lightening. I yelled, banged my cook pot and kept my Swiss Army knife blade pointing up, just in case the mountain lion (that I was sure was hungrily lurking) decided to jump on my tent. No more sleep that night!!