WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: outdoor vitals?

Default outdoor vitals?

I'm looking into a top quilt and found outdoor vitals 15* 80/20 synthetic / down. Any thoughts on the brand and or insulation.

I have the under quilt and while it could be a bit bigger, it does keep me warm. I used mine in 20F and them temperature rose significantly. All those with down quilts had issues, I did not. The quilt got damp from all the fog coming off the melting snow but it kept me warm unlike my down loving friends. It doesn’t come with a compression sack but will compress nicely and it’s washable.
    Overall I’m happy with it and I will buy the 15F top quilt as well once it’s back in stock.

Default outdoor vitals?

the 15* is on its way. thanks for your input. I was wanting it because I get condensation from the tarp. it doesn't affect my down underquilt at all but top gets wet/icey occasionally.

Enjoy.
    I haven’t had any condensation issues other than that fog since switching over to hammock camping. I always did with my tent.

Default outdoor vitals?

I think the condensation is becoming a recurring issue because my wife and I are both under a 12×12tarp with the door closed in back me in a hammock and her in a bivy below.

Default outdoor vitals?

I received the top quilt and I'm pretty surprised with the quality. it lofts really well and seems like it will be fairly warm. it doesn't compress as small as I hoped though. I've not tested it yet but we will be doing the VA triple crown in March and will be bringing it... unless I find a full down tq.

++ New Posts ++