WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Places to purchase synthetic insulation

Hey folks, I am looking for suggestions on good options for purchasing synthetic insulation for diy backpacking quilts.
    The ones I know of are
    Dutchware gear
    Rip stop by the roll
    DIY gear supply

If anybody can recommend other sources I would greatly appreciate it. That stuff isn’t cheap and I want to see what all the options are.

Seattle Fabrics had all sorts of stuff by the roll last time I looked.

I plan, therefore I am Strategic's Avatar
    Images

Here are a couple of other suppliers I've used in the past:

Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics - they have both Thinsulate and Climashield in several weights.

Quest Outfitters - have both Thinsulate and Primaloft Gold (my personal favorite for DIY gear) in a couple of the most useful weights.

Seattle Fabrics is also good, but they only carry Thinsulate these days.

For a quilt, I would suggest the Primaloft if you're going to be making hammock quilts or lightweight gear. Go with the Climashield if you're making heavier weight gear for use on the ground.
    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War.

Buy a really cheap winter coat for its stuffing? Have any old camping coats laying around?

Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics is my Go-To...
    Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and field in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul.--Fred Bear

www.misadventuregear.com

++ New Posts ++