WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Water on AT in NJ & NY

I started at DWG (NOBO) on 9/8 through 9/22 through NJ & NY almost every spring was dry. A cache was left at Mashipacong, and every so often a cach was left on the side of the road, though bottles were generaly empty. There was water at Brink (stream) and Morgan and RPH from pumps (water was better at spring). Water near the Palisades brook was ok too. Plenty of water at Wiley. Waterfall NOBO from Wildcat shelter was pretty good to.

Did you have any water sources at Harriman State Park and Bear mountain state Park?

i got water prior to Harriman and camped 3 miles prior to Fingerboard. I ended up at the Bear Mountain Inn for my overnight with my family.
    Pretty dry most of the way North

Quote Originally Posted by Mouser999 View Post
    I started at DWG (NOBO) on 9/8 through 9/22 through NJ & NY almost every spring was dry. A cache was left at Mashipacong, and every so often a cach was left on the side of the road, though bottles were generaly empty. There was water at Brink (stream) and Morgan and RPH from pumps (water was better at spring). Water near the Palisades brook was ok too. Plenty of water at Wiley. Waterfall NOBO from Wildcat shelter was pretty good to.
    Just did 40 miles of NY south from CT border. Water is definitely a concern right now. All cache bottles were empty except a few at Shenandoah. There are a few streams running. But plan to carry more water. BTW did we meet you at Telephone Pioneers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If i was the guy telling stories about the Bronx, yes i am

++ New Posts ++