WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Okay, it looks like last night's suprise thunder and lightning storm didn't take down too many leaves, but they are starting to thin out. Tomorrow, Sat and Sun looks like the best bet for the northern Whites and Maine. I bet there will be frosting on the mountain tops when the clouds clear sometime Saturday morning.

Down by the lake this evening: Summits of Madison and Adams are still in the clouds.
    DSCF3198.JPG
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Images

There is no fall like a New England fall!

Thanks for the photos all... here’s the best I can do from out West this past Saturday:

Nice pic, Brad!

Lincoln Woods and the Kanc were pretty today. Heading to Baxter Saturday.
    Love northern NE this time 0f year.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

1-3" of snow predicted for the summit of Washington Thursday night/Friday morning! Wind chills in the single digits.

Looks like we are at peak color in the northern Presidentals. I made it out of the woods this afternoon just before the rain started. Looks like the summits will definately be white when the clouds clear sometime Saturday. Depending on how stormy it gets next week, Columbus day weekend might still be in good shape.

DSCF3226.JPG

Images

Headed to VtAT for Columbus day! I haven't peeped in a while!

Flying in in 4 days. Can't wait to see the colors! I have one tattoo. It's Autumn Leaves. It has a double meaning. My favorite season and it's a memorial for our daughter, Autumn.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

The summits did get a frosting last night. 28 at my house this morning. Fatial accident on the highway near-by at 3 AM (head on between a semi and SUV) which really messed up the heavy leaf peeper traffic this morning. All redirected past my house! I suppose I should eat lunch and go for a hike on this blue bird day.

SAM_4889.JPG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++