WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hideous, what a terrible nightmare for those affected.

Images

And wonder why the guy with the machete couldn't take care of this instead of a perfectly good thruhiker...But I guess---innocent until proven guilty....

What the hell, right in my back yard! So hard to comprehend the evil that man is capable of! So much has happened this year. (

What they need to do is bring back some old school rules and let the family stone him to death!! Maybe some of this crap will stop!!

Quote Originally Posted by JNI64 View Post
    What they need to do is bring back some old school rules and let the family stone him to death!! Maybe some of this crap will stop!!
    Hasn't stopped adultery in some middle astern cultures in over 2000 years, what makes you think this would work in the US?

I don't think that method or any other method will stop it completely. It just makes me so sad and angry, I did say maybe stop some from happening. You hear about these hideous acts of violence and then you hear they only get a handful of years in jail then reduced for good behavior just not right. They will even keep it quiet so the prisoners don't harm him. Hey just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

Likely way more to this story than what’s been published.

I've been wondering how someone like this ends up with a adolescent boy in his tent alone? Where's the parents? I pulled the article from the hagerstown harold 1 of the official's were reported stating this guys so dangerous he should not be let out. So where's the guardians ?

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the guardians didn't give the guy the boy for the weekend for some meth..

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Hasn't stopped adultery in some middle astern cultures in over 2000 years, what makes you think this would work in the US?
    You are absolutely right. On the other hand, in countries where they practice the Sharia law (Saudi Arabia, for example), crime rate is much lower. What to do? there are no easy answers.

This was not random, which is oddly comforting. Why’d it have to be on the AT?

Images

So where's the guardians ?

well....

he could have been a runaway or estranged from his family....

as someone noted earlier, there's got to be alot more to this story....

Yeah that thought crossed my mind as well.i was also thinking adolescent ment preteen but adolescent covers up to 18 . Yeah so who knows could even be consensual. Like mentioned to bad on the AT.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by chknfngrs View Post
    Likely way more to this story than what’s been published.
    I've been wondering how someone like this ends up with a adolescent boy in his tent alone? Where's the parents? I pulled the article from the hagerstown harold 1 of the official's were reported stating this guys so dangerous he should not be let out. So where's the guardians ?
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the guardians didn't give the guy the boy for the weekend for some meth..
    Quote Originally Posted by TNhiker View Post
    well....

he could have been a runaway or estranged from his family....

as someone noted earlier, there's got to be alot more to this story....
    As minors can't LEGALLY consent, the "adolescent" rape victim could be as old as 17 years, 11 months, and 29 days. Typically, adolescence is defined as 10 to 19 years old. Like someone else said, there's probably more to this story. While a minor can't legally consent, they can do a lot of stupid stuff of their own free will. Doesn't mitigate the crime, but speculating that the guardians were willfully involved is a pretty big leap without knowing more.

Images

but speculating that the guardians were willfully involved is a pretty big leap without knowing more.

well.....

WB is a place that likes to jump to conclusions without all the facts presented........

No conclusions being drawn here just speculating. Wouldn't be the first time wouldn't be the last. People do some unspeakable actions when on these kinds of drugs.

And I was just merely throwing different possibilites out there. No need to try and insult me, we're supposed to be on the same team here .

The fredrick post came out with 43 year old HIV infected Jason Cochrane charged with sex abuse of a minor, second degree rape and other charges. Wonder why not 1st. Degree rape what constitutes the difference between 1st or second degree rape? 4eyedbuzzard?

Images

Wonder why not 1st. Degree rape what constitutes the difference between 1st or second degree rape? 4eyedbuzzard?

a quick google search brought this--

https://statelaws.findlaw.com/maryla...ault-laws.html

i haven't follow much of this story and don't know what kinda of details has been released,
    but a look at the police report might add some details in....

and of course, once the judicial process starts up, some details should come out in the prelim or first hearing on this and of course, if it makes it to trial, that's when it all needs to come out in order to convict him....

and the police report and all the hearings are open to the public...

since the victim is a minor---things like his name and address and other things will be redacted..
    but that shouldn't really effect the details of the crime...

and some of the hearings could be closed for when minor gets on the stand and testfies.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++