WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Registered Trademark

Default AT Map Availability While On the Trail

Are the AT maps available for purchase along the Trail? I want to use the maps but it would be easier on my cash flow if I could purchase them as I needed them instead of buying the whole set from the get to. Is this possible?
    In your heart you know it's flat.
    - R.A. Wilson

Can't give you an answer because I rarely have need to use the trail outfitters, but have you considered that you will pay full price (or more) this way? I think you save a bit of money buying them as a set.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Registered Trademark

Quote Originally Posted by Alligator
    Can't give you an answer because I rarely have need to use the trail outfitters, but have you considered that you will pay full price (or more) this way? I think you save a bit of money buying them as a set.
    I understand the cost savings by purchasing them all at once but my recurring revenue stream (which I am using to fund my hike) would be much happier if I could only purchase what I needed when I needed it. I can make the set purchase but I would rather not if I can get them individually on the Trail.
    In your heart you know it's flat.
    - R.A. Wilson

Most outfitters stock AT guidebooks for the local area. They may or may not have the individaul maps for saile.

A lot of outfitters don't sell the maps seperate from the books, but some do. Can't say for sure what it's like up and down the trail. Probably best to just buy them before hand, otherwise you'll more than likely end up missing a few sections maps.

Not that that's a problem... I did the whole thing without the maps. You don't need them. But, when I hike it again, I'll carry the maps. It's really nice to have that extra info.
    Don't take anything I say seriously... I certainly don't.

You will probably have to buy the whole pack of maps and guide books for $15-20 each time. But I have seen them in many outfitters in the south.

++ New Posts ++