As usual Co kicked my arse! Trip started out great when we got lucky at Alamo rental car in Denver....only car avail was a convertible bitchin camero . Made the beautiful drive to durango stopping in leadville and Salida on the way...grabbed another melly. Started the trail following day in Durango mid morning took our time climbing the 16 miles on day one. Spent the next 6.5 days battling altitude as couldn’t catch my breath. I had recently bought a garmin fenix 6x pro which gives your oxygen saturation levels and mine stayed around 80% which explains why I was running out of gas! Normal is 98%. We also experienced a hellacious storm above tree line on CDT...50+ mph wind, rain, sleet, hail and snow.....glad I had the Duomid!!! long story short pup needed a slower pace to allow his paws to recover as his booties got trashed in two days on the shale and I realized my frameless 38l mld burn without a hipbelt isn’t ideal when your carrying food and water for two!!! Think I’m going to buy a HMG 3400 junction for the heavy loads! Finally had an issue arise at home so decided to bail in lake city. Looks like I’ll finish up the CT next fall if I’m not on the JMT with my cousin. Having already done the collegiate loop and the first 100 miles should be doable section hike. Damn I love Co!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk