WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Adding a Lid to a Pack

Does anyone make a lid (like say the one on the Gregory Baltoro) that can be attached to say a Hyperlite or ULA or Zpacks pack?

Thx

If the manufacture of the pack doesn't offer one, then it's unlikely you'll find a premade option. You'd have to figure out how to DIY. Because of the roll down top design of most of those packs, side and belt pockets are used instead of a lid.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Images

Zpacks offers a multi-pack that can act as a brain to their packs. The buckles are the same size, so the multi-pack can clip into the closing/cinching system and act as a brain for the pack. The multi-pack can also be removed from the pack and used to haul valuables while wandering around town.

Perfect size for maps, snacks, rain jacket...things you want to be able to quickly access.

https://zpacks.com/products/multi-pack

You can also attach the Z-packs multi pack(only 3 oz) to the shoulder straps of most any pack and have yourself a handy little front pack to hold maps,water filter,water bag,snack,etc.

I sometimes throw my SLD zipper stuff sack on top of my ULA pack and secure it with the top strap.Granite Gear also makes some great zipper sacks and I suppose most of the other vendors have them also.I line mine with a nylafume bag to keep clothes/rain jacket in for quick access.

Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    You can also attach the Z-packs multi pack(only 3 oz) to the shoulder straps of most any pack and have yourself a handy little front pack to hold maps,water filter,water bag,snack,etc.

I sometimes throw my SLD zipper stuff sack on top of my ULA pack and secure it with the top strap.Granite Gear also makes some great zipper sacks and I suppose most of the other vendors have them also.I line mine with a nylafume bag to keep clothes/rain jacket in for quick access.
    That's a good thought but I will have a radio harness on the front of my chest and I wouldn't want to cover that up.

Quote Originally Posted by spfleisig View Post
    That's a good thought but I will have a radio harness on the front of my chest and I wouldn't want to cover that up.
    Sorry,but I have to ask,what sort of radio are you carrying?

Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    Sorry,but I have to ask,what sort of radio are you carrying?
    Bao Feng UV-82HP

Ok,I doubt it would mess with your antenna though.You can't rig the radio to the side of the pack and use a remote mic?I used a ptt mic on a motorola some years ago at work;never got into ham but my dad was into it before WW2.

I think I bought the Granite Gear lid to put on my lidless SMD pack some time ago. Worked great.

++ New Posts ++