WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default New Book with CDT Craziness

Hello WhiteBlaze CDT friends,

Earlier this year I posted for advice on doing a section hike of the CDT. Well, I survived! (barely). Out of it came a new book I just published, Evergreen Dreaming: Tail Tales of an Aging Hiker. It's available here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/17...DER92JYF1V685M

It concerns section hikes on the AT and CDT over the last five years, with several mentions of WhiteBlaze. I won't give away what's in it (maybe it will entice you to buy the book!), all I'll say is that the CDT part was an eye-opener.

Matt Angerer, the real "Katz" from A Walk in the Woods, says he likes it better than James Brown's Live at the Apollo album. Not sure my book is worthy of such high praise, but I'll take it! Anyway, I hope you'll check it out. Not to brag, but since you all know serious hiking, I think you'll enjoy it.

Thanks everyone, and if you could spread the word, I'd be very grateful!

Just an update that my book EVERGREEN DREAMING: Trail Tales of an Aging Hiker has had a few minor revisions in the last year. Also, it received a positive review in Publisher's Weekly!

Thanks to all of you who have bought a copy, which covers my experiences on both the AT and CDT.

Wilderness is where things work the way they're supposed to work—Walkin’ Jim Stoltz

Attached Images Attached Images

Sounds interesting. As a fellow aging and section hiker, i will definitely check it out. I understand you did not do the entire CDT, but did you finish the AT? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanD View Post
    Sounds interesting. As a fellow aging and section hiker, i will definitely check it out. I understand you did not do the entire CDT, but did you finish the AT? Just curious.
    Thanks Stephan. No, I didn't finish (thru-hike) the AT, just did various sections (GA-NC, Virginia, White Mtns). Would love to attempt a thru, but we're still paying off college loans and mortgage, so I have to pull in a regular paycheck!

++ New Posts ++