WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Since 1998 to today the message is the same we all need to do more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4ozVMxzNAA
    What is his name?? I remember meeting him when i was a kid at Tweetsie Railroad

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    What is his name?? I remember meeting him when i was a kid at Tweetsie Railroad

The American Ad Council ran the Crying Indian ad on Earth Day in 1971. It is one of the most successful ad campaigns in advertising history. The slogan was “People Start Pollution, People Can Stop It” If you remember this commercial then I can safely guess that you are over forty years of age.
    www.thewall.net/view/547/psa-native-american-1970s/ “People Start Pollution, People Can Stop It,” a public service announcement featuring the now iconic "Crying Indian," Iron Eyes Cody. Interestingly, Cody was not actually of Native American ancestry, but Italian.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Eyes_Cody

His last film was Ernest goes to Camp!
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Yes Iron Eyes Cody. He was a big hit when I was a kid.

avatar= bushwhackin' mount kancamagus nh 5-8-04 neighbor dave's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    What kind of trash??
    old tires and used plastic oil cans. too heavy!

Images

Just to defend myself here...Obviously, if I see a student litter I ask them to pick it up and dispose of it properly (though most of the public probably thinks the teachers stand around and let the kids do anything). Amazingly, it is often next to a trash can. When I spend my lunch duty picking up trash, it is not trash I saw somebody throw down. It's all over the grounds of the school.

I hope that lots of kids (and adults) see me pick up this trash and decide it's not a terrible thing to pick up some one else's mess.
    Lemni Skate away

The trail will save my life

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lemni Skate View Post
    Just to defend myself here...Obviously, if I see a student litter I ask them to pick it up and dispose of it properly (though most of the public probably thinks the teachers stand around and let the kids do anything). Amazingly, it is often next to a trash can. When I spend my lunch duty picking up trash, it is not trash I saw somebody throw down. It's all over the grounds of the school.

I hope that lots of kids (and adults) see me pick up this trash and decide it's not a terrible thing to pick up some one else's mess.
    Very well, carry on.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Quote Originally Posted by Lemni Skate View Post

try this: make it a teachable moment: for each piece of trash they drop, make 'em pick up 20.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
++ New Posts ++